PDA

View Full Version : iPod touch and Mi-Fi

tucker61
Mar 24, 2010, 02:20 AM
Anyone use Their iPod touch with a Mi-Fi modem?
Do they work well together?
have you had any issues?
What battery dies first iPod or Mi-Fi ?
What data package are you on ?

I am thinking of getting a Mi-Fi on 3UK, not sure if 1gb per month would be enough.
Would be use mainly for browsing and watching iplayer when away from home.
Your thoughts appreciated.

r0k
Mar 25, 2010, 06:58 PM
I'm sure iplayer is set up to limit bandwidth to keep the site from crashing. There are supposed to be settings to allow you to limit bandwidth (http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/diagnostics) in case you have a "bad connection" Of course if you're trying to avoid busting your myfi bandwidth cap you should pick "low bandwidth" for all your content. Sorry, I can't post any usage for myself 'cuz bbc thinks I shouldn't be able to listen. Something about being in the colonies or something or other... ;)

androiphone
Mar 25, 2010, 08:13 PM
there are no blocks on any services with 3 so you can use the data on anything you like, I dont know how big an hour long program is on an ipod touch, but if you keep check on the usage on my3 then you would get caught out. but 1GB should be more than enough but as always with 3 you can just buy another addon that would be then valid for 30 days without having to wait for the addon to be applied at the end of the month
IMO ipod touch + mifi is the best way for the ipod touch/iphone experience