Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arcterix100

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2004
when im running gB 1.1on my 1ghz ibook it will indicate : core audio: disk is too slow (record) (-10004) . This will happen if i have 2 tracks running... is this normal.. i did everything that the help file told me.. is this just because of the ibook? Will adding ram (i have 256now) make this problem dissapear...

thanks.
pete

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
arcterix100 said:
when im running gB 1.1on my 1ghz ibook it will indicate : core audio: disk is too slow (record) (-10004) . This will happen if i have 2 tracks running... is this normal.. i did everything that the help file told me.. is this just because of the ibook? Will adding ram (i have 256now) make this problem dissapear...

thanks.
pete

I do believe that it is a RAM problem. GB uses lots of ram. I have an iBook 600, 640MB RAM, and I can do about 4 or 5 before it starts to throw errors because the processor is too slow. When it says minimum on the box for a program to run, it does mean minimum, not it will run full blast at its best.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.