PDA

View Full Version : Columbus, OH

bmwguy80
Mar 24, 2010, 01:54 PM
Anyone else in Cbus buying one of these things?

GuitarsNMacs
Mar 25, 2010, 03:50 PM
In for one.......

jsbaugh
Mar 27, 2010, 06:47 PM
I have pre ordered one for pickup. What time are you going to get there? I thought about going over about 6am and see what the line is like.

bmwguy80
Mar 28, 2010, 07:42 AM
I thought about going over about 6am and see what the line is like.

I guess I'll be there at 545 am then. Kidding... Actually I was wondering the same thing. I'm not gonna get there at 0dark:30 like I did for the 3GS. I was thinking about checking out the scene at like 700 or 730.

We were at Easton yesterday and I noticed the Apple Store had a sign at the store entrance that said iPads will be sold on a first come first served basis. I'm guessing that this doesn't apply to those of us that reserved one.

klrobinson999
Mar 28, 2010, 01:14 PM
I'm there and can't wait. Hope the other stores in the Easton area like having all the Apple foot traffic in front of their stores, blocking their entrances. I wonder if they'll wind it to the AMC or the Macy's side?

bmwguy80
Mar 28, 2010, 04:01 PM
I wonder if they'll wind it to the AMC or the Macy's side?

The lines for all of the iPhone releases have gone towards AMC and then turned left after American Eagle down the corridor towards the parking lot.

Fikester
Mar 31, 2010, 10:50 AM
I wish I could be there. I have class on Saturdays (CPA exam crap) and of course this Saturday is my last class session, figures. It lasts all day so I couldn't reserve one for pickup, so I had to preorder and have it shipped. I'm thinking I will drive by to see how the crowd is. I was there for the 3G launch and actually had fun talking to all the Apple fans.

I will be in a white Explorer LOL. Will prob drive by around 7:15-7:30

VirgilsEgo
Apr 2, 2010, 04:08 PM
I'm planning on getting to the front of the Apple store at exactly 7:00 am. The earliest the Easton Rent-A-Cops let you line up.

tonyburkhart
Apr 3, 2010, 07:25 AM
In line now at Apple Easton
We got here at 6:30

I'll be updating with pics n vids on Twitter and Posterous, if anyone wants watch/follow.

http://tonyburkhart.posterous.com/
http://twitter.com/tonyburkhart

Yay iPad!

phobic99
Apr 3, 2010, 07:42 AM
Any idea on how many they'll have in stock? I live in Beavercreek, which is about 45 or so mins away from Columbus, and I'd hate to drive all the way for nothing. Well, there's a lot more to do there than there is here. Hmmm... ;)

cmhsam
Apr 3, 2010, 07:51 AM
so low long is the line? Worth driving down from the polaris area?

tonyburkhart
Apr 3, 2010, 09:31 AM
Line was huge by the time We left.

They were taking reservations first at a ratio of 17 reservations to 1 non-reserved.

I was in the very first group in the store and was super happy with the experience and typical Apple employee helpfulness!

Of course, I am posting this from my iPad :)

The BEST app so far is Netflix!

cmhsam
Apr 3, 2010, 11:41 AM
Picked mine up at the bestbuy in polaris. got there are 9:00am and there were only 5 people in line. They had 15 / model