Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mistermonica

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2008
Just decided to reserve in store instead of pre ordering online since I will be home on the 3rd. Anyone else planning on picking up an iPad there?

sheaitisnotso

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2005
Yeah I was going to reserve in store at Easton but then my schedule got changed and I have to work, so I'm having it delivered to my work.

I work at the airport that Fedex flies into so I'm tempted to go find an employee and see if they can give it to me a little early, but I'm off the couple days before so it would be hard. I guess I'll have to keep and eye on the tracking to see when it arrives in town.

Dfndr90

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2006
Yeah I was going to reserve in store at Easton but then my schedule got changed and I have to work, so I'm having it delivered to my work.

I work at the airport that Fedex flies into so I'm tempted to go find an employee and see if they can give it to me a little early, but I'm off the couple days before so it would be hard. I guess I'll have to keep and eye on the tracking to see when it arrives in town.

I am planing on going to the store early for my reserve pickup. Just not sure how early.

I work for FedEx in Columbus, and there is no way you will be able to get your package out of the LCK facility. If you tell me your zipcode I will be able to direct you to the station that serves your area and you may be able to get it held for early pickup.

sheaitisnotso

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2005
Well since I have to work on opening day I'm having it delivered to the office. I work at LCK in operations so they just need to drive it over to the terminal building. Thanks anyways.

Dfndr90

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2006
Well since I have to work on opening day I'm having it delivered to the office. I work at LCK in operations so they just need to drive it over to the terminal building. Thanks anyways.

That is a good call. The LCK office is serviced by couriers who actually deliver straight from the LCK FedEx facility. I run the West Side operations for FedEx from our Facility on Roberts rd.

There is a really good chance that if Apple ships the iPad as a Priority one package you will have it prior to 9:00 am.

jeiting

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2008
I am picking up an ipad Saturday at the Easton store. Trying to talk my girlfriend into camping out if it is not too cold. Not sure if the mall cops would like that too much though. :)

My other iPad is being shipped but to my office which is closed on Saturday. Is there a way I can pick it up from the fedex on say 15th and high? I suppose I could also drive down to LCK.

bmwguy80

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2007
I am picking up an ipad Saturday at the Easton store. Trying to talk my girlfriend into camping out if it is not too cold. Not sure if the mall cops would like that too much though. :)

My other iPad is being shipped but to my office which is closed on Saturday. Is there a way I can pick it up from the fedex on say 15th and high? I suppose I could also drive down to LCK.

Easton mall "cops" won't let you into the mall until 6am. Got there early for the iPhone 3GS launch last year and we were told we had to go back to our cars and wait.

You can't pick up a package from any Fedex office... they forward it to the station that serves the delivery address. They usually require one delivery attempt before you can pick it up anyway.

FYI, there's already a Columbus thread in here that was started a few days ago...

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/882924/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.