PDA

View Full Version : My Addiction

Sherman
Aug 5, 2002, 02:44 AM
I am actually addicted to gaming on my mac, so i've decided to stop. I'm going to stop gaming, stop all this madness before school starts so I can get relatively good grades, they alwys start to slip as soon as i reach for the Brood War CD...

Any tips for going cold-turkey?

Geert
Aug 5, 2002, 03:14 AM
1. Pull the plug.
2. Erase all games from HD.
3. Stop buying new games, and sell all games you have.
4. Start posting more here on MR.
5. Make a switch movie for the contest that is running here.
6. start a pre-school study :p
7. Buy a PS2, and start gaming on it :D

enough tips?? or need more check here (http://www.apple.com/games/trailers/warcraft3/size480.html)

Beej
Aug 5, 2002, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by Geert
1. Pull the plug.
2. Erase all games from HD.
3. Stop buying new games, and sell all games you have.
4. Start posting more here on MR.
5. Make a switch movie for the contest that is running here.
6. start a pre-school study :p
7. Buy a PS2, and start gaming on it :D

enough tips?? or need more check here (http://www.apple.com/games/trailers/warcraft3/size480.html) All high-quality tips. But that last bit is evil ;)

If you use a joystick or any other gaming input device, sell it/them too.

A good dose of willpower will hold you in good stead, too. I hear you can get some cheap at the local supermarket... oh wait, no, that was something else...

mac15
Aug 5, 2002, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by Beej
All high-quality tips. But that last bit is evil ;)

PS2s rock they aren't evil, they have to be the best system out ther, BTW has anybody got Gran Turismo Concept, man it rock, I have done 75% already and yu get 10,000,000 credits for GT3 A-Spec,s o there is a plus in the game :D

iGav
Aug 5, 2002, 04:46 AM
Start by ingesting copious amounts of spirits and hard drugs...... :eek: you'll soon forget about that hardcore gaming urge.......

That said though.... my plan may have some fundamental flaws.......:p :p :p

Geert
Aug 5, 2002, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by Beej
All high-quality tips. But that last bit is evil ;)

hehehe, I know, hehehe.

xelterran
Aug 5, 2002, 06:51 AM
i put my broodwar CD in a combination-locked safe, only my parents knew the number for it :D

Durandal7
Aug 5, 2002, 01:55 PM
Uninstall Brood War, put the CD into a generic jacket, hide the original CD case where you can't get to it. There, Brood War problem solved, it's completly useless without the CD key.

pgwalsh
Aug 5, 2002, 02:06 PM
Forget everyone here. Cancel any and all appointments you have for the next week and play your a$$ off. Play until your finger's bleed. Play until your eyes are so red that you look like Satan. Then maybe you'll be sick of it or you'll need counseling. - Leave no desire and get it out of your system.

jelloshotsrule
Aug 5, 2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by pgwalsh
Play until your eyes are so red that you look like Satan.

hahaha

sorry, nothing to add... just wanted to share my enjoyment of that quote

blackpeter
Aug 5, 2002, 03:07 PM
Send Brood War to me. You'll never get it back then. :D

topicolo
Aug 5, 2002, 03:41 PM
like iGAV says, replace your gaming addiciton with drugs, booze and (might I add) women. Worked for me!:D

AlphaTech
Aug 5, 2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by topicolo
like iGAV says, replace your gaming addiciton with drugs, booze and (might I add) women. Worked for me!:D

Aye, I second the woman suggestion (or man if you are a woman, although it could work both ways). Although, your wallet will bytch at you nonstop for all the money that is going through it. Your folks might wonder if you are on drugs from the shiet grin you will have from 'having' a woman. ;) :D

Something else, your grades might suffer due to the lack of blood your brain will be getting from having a hottie in your life. ;) :D I am NOT saying that is a bad thing, just pointing it out. :D