Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

precator

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
Is there an app or a setting to lock my icons from moving around. I like my setup now and dont want to accidentally move an app to a different page,etc.

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
Is there an app or a setting to lock my icons from moving around. I like my setup now and dont want to accidentally move an app to a different page,etc.

My approach to this is to leave a few spots blank on each page. This way if a new app downloads it doesn't randomly bump things around on me. A small price to pay to keep things from moving around. I had all my pages filled but mostly with crapware and freeware. After restore I'm down to 4 or 5 pages of apps and I'm picky about installing more mainly to avoid dozens of updates every time I'm near wifi.

Jenkins12

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2010
Well if you have a full page, and the other next spots are full, the next app you download should just add on to the end. It shouldn't really bump anything out of order. As for an app to lock them, I don't think one currently exists

luckyblue

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2010
That would be a great option. I let my 2 year old play my phone sometimes as there are some good kid games on there. Sometimes he makes a mess of all my apps and I have to re-organize again. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.