PDA

View Full Version : PB battery error message - strange

wPod
Sep 10, 2004, 07:45 AM
so, i left my 12" Rev A PB plugged in all of last night. i used it a little this morning (to read the news) then put it to sleep and walked about 1/2 mile to work. i get to work open my PB and i get an od error message that said my battery was running on reserve power and i must plug in imidiatly. even though right there in my menu bar my battery said "99%" isnt there some way i can reset my battery? use it until it actually is empty and that re-sets it? im not sure, but just wondering what i should do.

jane doe
Sep 10, 2004, 08:53 AM
so, i left my 12" Rev A PB plugged in all of last night. i used it a little this morning (to read the news) then put it to sleep and walked about 1/2 mile to work. i get to work open my PB and i get an od error message that said my battery was running on reserve power and i must plug in imidiatly. even though right there in my menu bar my battery said "99%" isnt there some way i can reset my battery? use it until it actually is empty and that re-sets it? im not sure, but just wondering what i should do.

Reset the PMU.

Turn off the powerbook, hold down shift option command and the power button for about 5 to 7 seconds. The power it up and see what the battery level says.