Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 4, 2009
Is there anyway i can format my TimeCapsule to NTFS so i can use it as a networked drive to backup my dad with my home server i want to add more space onto it since it has alot more than my timecapsule.

Arie

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2010
The Netherlands
Is there anyway i can format my TimeCapsule to NTFS so i can use it as a networked drive to backup my dad with my home server i want to add more space onto it since it has alot more than my timecapsule.

Mac OS X cannot handle NTFS. You would have to format the hard drive of your Time Capsule to FAT32 for it to be compatible with both Mac OS X as well as Microsoft Windows. I do not know however if this is possible, as I do not own a Time Capsule (yet).

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Just a thought

Consider using Parellels with the import option from the existing windows drive into your Mac OS. This way the Windows "partition" or VM if you will exists inside the Mac. Turn off sleep on the desktop - since the Windows will need to be a server (and maybe set the Parellels to boot up and logon the server admin when you restart the Mac). Then Time Machine on TC will do the full backup?

I have NO idea if this'll work but just a random thought.
I'm still new to Mac OS X - so take this with a jar of salt.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.