Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

axboi87

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 31, 2006
Dallas, Tx
I've tried both xACT and XLD to convert a mass of .flacs to aac but they refuse. I have about 3k+ files i'm trying to throw into a converter all at once and both programs simply wont do it. Anyone know of something that can handle this many files at one time? Preferrably 64-bit and multicore

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
I've tried both xACT and XLD to convert a mass of .flacs to aac but they refuse. I have about 3k+ files i'm trying to throw into a converter all at once and both programs simply wont do it. Anyone know of something that can handle this many files at one time? Preferrably 64-bit and multicore

What's the problem with XLD? It should work perfectly and it takes advantage of all the cores you have. Maybe you need to do 10 batches of 300 files. XLD is pretty much made for exactly this purpose.

The other one to look at is also free "sox". It is a very powerful batch file converter. It is a command line program so you'd have to be able to type in a terminal. It is easy to use and It can do a lot more than just format conversion and has been around for many years,
http://sox.sourceforge.net/Main/HomePage

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.