PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft intends to put music on cellphones before anyone e...

MacBytes
Sep 10, 2004, 01:57 PM
Category: Tunes
Link: Microsoft intends to put music on cellphones before anyone else does. (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040910145733)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

space2go
Sep 10, 2004, 02:04 PM
"Microsoft intends to put music on cellphones before anyone e..."

They have time-machines in redmond now?

Qunchuy
Sep 10, 2004, 02:45 PM
Considering Apple already "beat them to the punch" with their Motorola partnership back in July, I suspect Microsoft is working on copying another uniquely Appleish product: the RDF.

Fender2112
Sep 10, 2004, 03:07 PM
There is no way Microsoft will beat Apple to the punch. MS has to wait and see what Apple does so they can copy it. :D

redAPPLE
Sep 10, 2004, 03:08 PM
maybe it is just me. and maybe it is just the wine, i am drinking. i do not know anything about 3g cellphones. i do not know how much storage space they (will) have.

i can imagine cellphones to have a some kind of compactflash (or similar) card. and how many songs could be stored there?

anyway putting music in cellphones is nothing new anymore. or do they mean using cellphones, to access the online music stores?

space2go
Sep 10, 2004, 03:18 PM
Just look at the phones and services introduced in Japan a few years ago and you see how this will look like.

bousozoku
Sep 10, 2004, 03:44 PM
maybe it is just me. and maybe it is just the wine, i am drinking. i do not know anything about 3g cellphones. i do not know how much storage space they (will) have.

i can imagine cellphones to have a some kind of compactflash (or similar) card. and how many songs could be stored there?

anyway putting music in cellphones is nothing new anymore. or do they mean using cellphones, to access the online music stores?

Samsung just displayed a phone the other day with a 1.5 GB hard drive. I didn't think it was a good idea, considering how many times I dropped my StarTac. Flash memory cards make much more sense.

I really think that they mean to add music on phones as a convergence of technolgies in one electronic device. Handspring already did it decently with the Treo 600 but it's just another market for Microsoft to try to dominate.

macridah
Sep 10, 2004, 03:57 PM
What, microsoft copy apple again :eek:

M$'s innovation is reading an apple press release.

MoparShaha
Sep 10, 2004, 06:45 PM
I can fit 128 MB of MP3's on my Motorola V710 already, in fact, three weeks ago! And while it is novel to have music on a cell phone, I'd much rather use my iPod.

shamino
Sep 13, 2004, 10:27 AM
Microsoft intends to put music on cellphones before anyone else does.
Microsoft intends a lot of things.

Microsoft intended for Bob to be a successful product.
Microsoft intends for MSN to drive AOL and Earthlink out of business.
Microsoft intends fo the XBox to kill the PlayStation and GameCube.

Microsoft intends to rule the world.

Doesn't mean it will actually happen.