PDA

View Full Version : 365 - A Photo Year

flutegirl822
Mar 26, 2010, 03:05 PM
Has anyone tried taking one photo a day for a whole year?
How has it been for you? Were you able to keep it going all year?

alexh123drum
Mar 26, 2010, 03:37 PM
Check out youtube if you havn't already. So many people have done it.

Most of them are for comedy effect but I had a lecture from an artist who basically took a photo a day for a year, but then displayed the pictures in a gallery on a very slow time frame. So you could be looking at the pictures and might think it was just a still, but then come back later and its had changed.

flutegirl822
Mar 27, 2010, 01:50 AM
I'm trying it this year. In case anyone is curious, here's the site:
http://flutegirl822.blogspot.com/

It's been fun so far and I do hope my photos will improve as the year progresses. :o)

Ish
Mar 27, 2010, 10:10 AM
Knew this thread (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=842627&highlight=every+day+year) was around somewhere but didn't have time to look for it yesterday. There are some links in there you may find interesting.

Actually, while I was looking for this one I saw quite a few, too many to link! Search for '365 project' in MR and you'll soon come up with them.

Most of them were quite short! :)

NathanCH
Mar 27, 2010, 12:07 PM
There are tons of community groups on FlickR that do it. It's really hard to do though. Most people don't make it 12 months

flutegirl822
Mar 27, 2010, 02:33 PM
Thank you. I've made it 3 months so far. I hope to make it the full year!

terp2007
Mar 27, 2010, 02:40 PM
I'd love to do this, but I travel way to much for work to have my DSLR with me all the time.

TheReef
Mar 28, 2010, 10:07 PM
There's a guy in Australia who's photographed the sunrise every day for 8 years or so.

maddagascar
Mar 29, 2010, 01:15 AM
There's a guy in Australia who's photographed the sunrise every day for 8 years or so.

now i definitely want to see that! :eek::eek::D:D

Ish
Mar 29, 2010, 04:13 AM

He must live somewhere a bit more sunny than the way it's been here for the last few months!

Randman
Mar 29, 2010, 04:29 AM
There's the free Project 365 app for the iPhone. You can take a photo or select one from your library. I've been doing it, partly because I like taking photos and trying out photography apps, and partly as a photo diary with a short note of what transpired that day.

At times, I've taken photos from my library or even screenshots if applicable.

mickbab
Mar 29, 2010, 04:32 AM
There's the free Project 365 app for the iPhone. You can take a photo or select one from your library. I've been doing it, partly because I like taking photos and trying out photography apps, and partly as a photo diary with a short note of what transpired that day.

At times, I've taken photos from my library or even screenshots if applicable.

I wonder if there is an app which could send you a push notification at a certain time of day, say 4pm, telling you that you haven't taken a picture yet. Good way to remember the plan.

Abraxsis
Mar 29, 2010, 09:15 AM
I wonder if there is an app which could send you a push notification at a certain time of day, say 4pm, telling you that you haven't taken a picture yet. Good way to remember the plan.

Just use your iCal feature, if youve taken the shot already simply ignore the alert. If not, start lookin'