Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rt&Dzine

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
This problem started yesterday and only on MacRumors. When I'm browsing MacRumors with Safari, pages are taking forever to load. Occasionally it'll work fine, but most of the time it'll take several minutes for a page to load.

I've reset Safari. The only workaround I've found is to disable JavaScript. Then it zips like usual. Like I said this just began yesterday and only on MacRumors. (I'm using Leopard.)

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
I don't personally have an issue as I use my iPhone to visit 99.9% of the time. Have you considered purchasing an ipad it also resolves this issue.

Seriously though have you checked for updates??

Rt&Dzine

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
No problems on Safari here
Have you tried other browsers?

Safari is the only browser I've used in the past 2 years. I suppose I could try Firefox.

Gav2k:

I'll check for updates. I've haven't considered an ipad because this problem just began yesterday.

UPDATE: The Safari 4.0.5 update didn't help at all. It gets hung up on: ad.doubleclick.net/adj/ns.macrumors/forums;net=ns;u=,ns- . . .

ANOTHER UPDATE: I changed some settings in Safari and haven't had the problem since. Fingers crossed.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I don't think there have been changes to HTML or Javascript, so it sounds like a result of poor performance by doubleclick's server or your net connection to it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.