Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joeytpg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Vienna, Austria
guys, my powerbook has a leap when i close the lit, so i'm looking for this pair of rubber things you can stick on the corners of the screen (on the aluminium corners)

you know what i'm talking about?

dav

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2004
It is part of the design..

So the keyboard residue doesn't eff up the screen.

(Excuse the bluntness)

~ Just so you know, I know it wasn't your specific question.

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
dont' worry, my PB (and probably every one out there) has that gap. it's so that the keys can't touch the screen.

i'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with it, i've just left the gap alone.

do you want the rubber feet so the lid doesn't 'rattle'? i seriously would worry about it...

dotnina

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2004
I thought the rubber feet are to ensure your keys don't touch the screen? Or are they little suction cups?

If they're little suction cups, isn't that going to make the PB harder to open?

Anyway, my 15" PB has the gap as well, so it's nothing to worry about. ;)

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
no, there aren't rubber feet at all.

it's the gap that stops the keys touching the screen, not the feet.

and i hope you're talking about a Al PB. if you've got a TiBook with a gap, i'd be worried. :eek:

DJY

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
Canberra AUST
I have the gap too - but I also notice when I sit outside - that I can see the key imprints on my screen?!?!?!

When I remember I put the original thin piece of foam back inbetween the screen and the keys - and thinking of looking around to find a micro-fibre cloth?

Vaguely remember reading something in here about ones that were available - but I'll bet they are only available in the USA - not easily obtained here in Oz.

Anyone remember the details?

Mustafa

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2003
Shenfield, Essex, UK
Here they are......

DJY said:
I have the gap too - but I also notice when I sit outside - that I can see the key imprints on my screen?!?!?!

When I remember I put the original thin piece of foam back inbetween the screen and the keys - and thinking of looking around to find a micro-fibre cloth?

Vaguely remember reading something in here about ones that were available - but I'll bet they are only available in the USA - not easily obtained here in Oz.

Anyone remember the details?

This is the link:

http://www.raidius.com/macintosh.html

I have one, and I always use it, but I can still see key imprints!

Maybe they would be worse without it.

advocate

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2004
I thought the production line was tuned so that the newer AlBooks (since like ten months ago) no longer have the rattling lid problem? Hmm.

Anyway, the gap is supposed to be there, but the lid isn't supposed to rattle. If the tiny little rubber feet aren't enough then try a set of WildEepz from RadTech: http://www.radtech.us/Products/Wildeepz.aspx I bought a set for my first-run 15" AlBook (they definitely had a lid/latch misfit problem) and they work perfectly. They also keep the screen away from the keyboard if your finger grease is getting transferred.

Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.