PDA

View Full Version : Mac search

macfriendly
Sep 12, 2004, 11:11 AM
Hi I hope there is someone out there who can answere any of my questions. This is my first time posting on. I have an apple G3 power pc ibook. It was under water for some time because of a flood. After it dried out I tried it and to my surprise it worked just like it did before :eek: . Now comes the problem, while cleaning up from the flood someone broke my screen :mad: . It still turns on but I can only see about a quarter inch strip along the left side of the screen. I can see the cursor but I can't see the window where I have to put my password in so I don't even know if it will proceed any further. It should since it worked well before the screen cracked. Now to the questions:

1. Does anyone know where I can get a screen for a reasonable price and how to remove it?

2. Should I even bother?

3. I am looking for an ibook g3 clamshell any ideas where to find one besides ebay?

Thanks for your time and responses in advance. I appreciate any help you can give me. :)

MisterMe
Sep 12, 2004, 02:49 PM
Hi I hope there is someone out there who can answere any of my questions. This is my first time posting on. I have an apple G3 power pc. It was under water for some time because of a flood. After it dried out I tried it and to my surprise it worked just like it did before :eek: . Now comes the problem, while cleaning up from the flood someone broke my screen :mad: . It still turns on but I can only see about a quarter inch strip along the left side of the screen. I can see the cursor but I can't see the window where I have to put my password in so I don't even know if it will proceed any further. It should since it worked well before the screen cracked. Now to the questions:

1. Does anyone know where I can get a screen for a reasonable price and how to remove it?

2. Should I even bother?

3. I am looking for an ibook g3 clamshell any ideas where to find one besides ebay?

Thanks for your time and responses in advance. I appreciate any help you can give me. :)Monitors are a lot cheaper than new CPUs. If you like your G3, then buy a new monitor.

cb911
Sep 12, 2004, 11:48 PM
you've got an iBook, right? you should be able to plug-in an external monitor and see if everything is working okay... you could use it like that, or get a second had LCD iBook screen from somewhere (sorry, dont' know where) and then i think you can get the service manuals from Apple's KnowlegeBase. that'll tell you how to disassemble it and put it all together.