PDA

View Full Version : Denver Cherry Creek

harvardboi
Mar 30, 2010, 07:53 PM
Any one planning to wait in line at Cherry Creek?

Was supposed to be out of town on business so I did not reserve an ipad, plans changed and now i am in town and plan to wait in line and take my chances. think the mall opens at 5 am for the mall walkers.

rickfu
Apr 2, 2010, 11:04 AM
I'm not sure when, though. Do you think people will start queuing up today or will people start to arrive overnight?

harvardboi
Apr 2, 2010, 11:50 AM
As I recall from the iPhone launch, the mall security will not let folks line-up the night before. I believe you can begin lining up when the mall opens for the morning mall walkers at 5 am. I am planning to be there close to 5 am. i called the apple store and asked if they were getting more stock than folks reserved, and was told yes. they did not know how many over the number reserved they were going to get. next to worse case, i sit there til 3 pm when they release the reserved units that were not claimed. i have a feeling there will be quite a few that are not picked up. i think that 50 over the reserved numbers is a good estimate.

rickfu
Apr 2, 2010, 02:25 PM
When I contacted the store they said the same. I'll likely be seeing you around 5am. I'll be the guy with the biggest cup of coffee possible at 5am :)

MK1977
Apr 2, 2010, 11:02 PM
5 am??? :eek:that's awfully early! That's dedication! I'm thinking 7-8am. I don't mind the wait, but I need sleep and waiting for phantom menace broke my heart when it comes to queuing up.