Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Synchromesh

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 15, 2009
SF
I have a Runcore 64GB LIF SSD in my Air. Apparently it's still running 1571 version of firmware. I would like to upgrade that to the latest 1916. Couple of questions:

1. Which firmware executable do I use for this particular drive?
2. Is it safe to flash 1571 straight to 1916? I heard some users had problems if one doesn't flash to an interim version first
3. Is there a write up how to do this flash on Mac anywhere? I found one for Rev A but not 100% sure it's exactly the same as Rev B/C since controllers are different

Thanks.

darrellishere

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2007
Hi I just got the 64gb today too! WoW can I just say that this drive is amazing!
Totally get why people were flipping out about it, its crazy! Just suddenly turned my painfully slow but well loved Air into a powerhouse! Editing on Aperture and iphoto books is now a breeze and ram doesn't seem to be an issue. Well impressed, like having a macbook pro.
Back to the firmware. Well I suspect mine is on that early firmware too.
I emailed Run-core for them to send me a custom iso of the latest firmware for use on a mac, but I should have asked for all of them as you have to install each update or DOA your drive! Also the hard drive enclosure they included was a dud, probably due to it being an early shipping version that suffered with DOA usb boards. Let me know how you get on;)

Synchromesh

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 15, 2009
SF
Let me know how it turns out. I did the same but so far no answer for a couple of days. Anybody else has a guide and file?

Runcore

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2009
Let me know how it turns out. I did the same but so far no answer for a couple of days. Anybody else has a guide and file?

Who did you send the email to? I can help out to see what the hold up is.

Matt Dawson
Runcore

darrellishere

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2007
No reply to my email yet. Still need that enclosure for my old hard drive.
Did you get your iso image off runcore?

Synchromesh

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 15, 2009
SF
Thanks guys. Followed instructions, worked just fine. Now shows 1916 in Hardware Profile. Kind of strange staring at DOS on a new Mac. :) Not to mention using commands I almost forgot long ago.

Synchromesh

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 15, 2009
SF
No reply to my email yet. Still need that enclosure for my old hard drive.
Did you get your iso image off runcore?

No, I never got it, used references from this forum. I did get the enclosure a little while ago, they responded fairly quickly to that one. Talk to the Runcore guy here, he seems to be able to speed things up a bit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.