PDA

View Full Version : iMac G5 and iSight

tinydancer
Sep 13, 2004, 07:48 AM
Does anyone know if Apple has developed any new means for mounting an iSight camera on the new G5, or will we still hace to use the same old adhesive/sticker method? Now that there is a 2 inch thick area for the camera to clip to, maybe Apple will come up with a clip for the G5 iMac like the clips for iBooks and Power Books. It still amazes me that as creative as Apple is, they could not come up with something a little better than adhesive when it comes to mounting a camera to a G4 iMac. Any thoughts from you all?

munkle
Sep 13, 2004, 08:08 AM
I remember reading something about a magnetic mount, but not sure if this was to replace the adhesive mount.

wPod
Sep 13, 2004, 08:11 AM
there is supposed to be a minor update to the iSight. the new update contains an alternative to the adhesive which is supposed to work with the new displays, and im guessing with the new iMac as well. its a magnetic clip that sits nicely on the back of the new displays or iMac. . . i know its for the new displays and im guessing it will work with the new iMac as well

munkle
Sep 13, 2004, 08:13 AM
Quick look on the Apple website shows this, but still not sure if it applies to the iMac or not! :rolleyes:

Sayer
Sep 13, 2004, 08:25 AM
The iMac G5 has a special mounting point on the back that matches up with the new magnetic mounting bracket for the iSight.

So you need the new magnetic mounting bracket to use the iSight (safely) with the new iMac, or take a chance (and save money) with the sticky rear-mounting bracket that came with the iSight.