PDA

View Full Version : Purchased order....

NCTRNL
Sep 13, 2004, 08:32 AM
I placed the order yesterday. Wasn't expecting the sales tax (considering it said nothing about sales tax until I got my order confirmation and I've never had to pay sales tax on the internet before). This morning I got confirmation that the iPod was shipping and I got a tracking number for that but now when I check my Order Status it says that there is a payment problem and I had been notified by email as to what the problem was. The only things I have gotten emails about were tracking numbers and confirmations. Why would I have gotten a tracking number if there was a payment problem? I'm kinda confused if you can't tell...

SilentPanda
Sep 13, 2004, 08:54 AM
Call Apple and ask them.

michaelrjohnson
Sep 13, 2004, 09:19 AM
Call Apple and ask them.

My thoughts as well.

emw
Sep 13, 2004, 09:36 AM
As for the tax, it's because there is an Apple Store in Missouri, which means that they need to charge anyone who lives in Missouri sales tax.

Besides which, you really are supposed to pay sales tax on everything, even if an out-of-state retailer doesn't automatically tack it onto your bill (your state IRS office will have the forms).

Of course, the odds of many people using it are pretty small...

;)

NCTRNL
Sep 13, 2004, 09:44 AM
I live on the Kansas side so there isn't a store here. Well I can't call them because I am at work so I tried their email sales support. We'll see how that works. I have a tracking number and the iPod shipped, which is odd to me considering I haven't paid for anything yet...

tdhurst
Sep 13, 2004, 09:49 AM
I live on the Kansas side so there isn't a store here. Well I can't call them because I am at work so I tried their email sales support. We'll see how that works. I have a tracking number and the iPod shipped, which is odd to me considering I haven't paid for anything yet...

Call on your lunch hour...

emw
Sep 13, 2004, 09:50 AM

Ah, then it may be that there is a reseller (CompUSA or other) in Kansas that makes it so that they have to charge. But yes, that unexpected sales tax thing suddenly makes the bill look not quite so friendly.

You could check your credit card online to see if anything was cleared on your account....

NCTRNL
Sep 13, 2004, 09:51 AM
Oh, I will. I am just doing the email thing for the time being until I can call them and wait to talk to someone.

Xenious
Sep 13, 2004, 09:58 AM
Apple is one of those crafty companies that manages to recover sales tax from all 50 states (as far as I can tell) even to the point where it asks you for your County and if you are inside or outside city limits. A pretty impressive system, but annoying for large ticket items eh? ;)
-jim

NCTRNL
Sep 13, 2004, 10:00 AM
Apple is one of those crafty companies that manages to recover sales tax from all 50 states (as far as I can tell) even to the point where it asks you for your County and if you are inside or outside city limits. A pretty impressive system, but annoying for large ticket items eh? ;)
-jim

Well it said nothing at all about Sales Tax until I had already pressed the last "confirm" button and then on the next screen it had added it. If it would have said it in earlier totals it would have been different but it didn't say it until I had finished the order.

emw
Sep 13, 2004, 10:53 AM
-jim

Yeah, damn that Apple for making us pay our sales tax! :D

NCTRNL
Sep 17, 2004, 08:28 AM
Well I got it taken care of and now it's on its way. I can't wait...

NusuniAdmin
Sep 17, 2004, 08:42 AM
people in oregon are lucky, 0% sales tax...lol.

but yes apple has always charged sales tax to the best of my knowlage