PDA

View Full Version : Charging and using a stylus on an iPad?

GregGebhardt
Apr 1, 2010, 07:06 AM
First will the large Apple charger that has the folding plugs work with the iPad? It looks the same to me. Also will the same USB connector that works with my iTouch and iPhone work with the iPad?

I also need a app that will allow me to scribble notes in regular handwriting. Is there a stylus feature to do this? If not how about a built in mic so I can voice record notes?

Fraaaa
Apr 1, 2010, 07:12 AM
There are some stylus for iPhone/iPad that have a rubber tip, check on amazon or somewhere else on the web, but you may find them not as good as a proper stylus.

aerospace
Apr 1, 2010, 08:05 AM
According to the review I saw charging via AC plug is 4 hours, if you use USB it's almost double. I heard USB 3.0 has more power and would be faster but I don't know if the ipad is 3.0 compatible.

Edit: Does anyone know of some fine tip stylus(stylii?) that would work? Preferably ones that have some type of clip so you could attach it to the top of the ipad for easy access.

decson
Apr 1, 2010, 09:15 AM
Its not a fine tip but have had a play with iPhone and am impressed!

GregGebhardt
Apr 1, 2010, 09:19 AM
Will the iPad have a built in microphone so we can record voice notes with the built in apps?

Webnasty
Apr 1, 2010, 09:21 AM
Will the iPad have a built in microphone so we can record voice notes with the built in apps?

One review I saw pointed out a microphone hole in the upper left by the headphone jack.

bossxii
Apr 1, 2010, 09:35 AM

Yes it has a mic, their are apps that will allow you to take notes.

As far as the charging goes, I have an Apple brand, smaller brick that I use to charge my iPhone all the time. I would guess it will charge the iPad, however it may not be a 10w charger, maybe only 5w or less. Won't hurt the iPad, may just take longer to charge.

Mactagonist
Apr 1, 2010, 09:49 AM

Yes.

While you are at the Apple store buying yours ask them to show you the stylus's they are using with their "POS iPod Touchs". Apple is using modified iPod Touchs for processing credit cards now and the employees have styli so customers can enter their signature on the device.

FlashHead
Apr 1, 2010, 10:11 AM
Check out Padnotes. Not sure if it will be available at launch, but it looks great.

GregGebhardt
Apr 1, 2010, 10:56 AM
Thanks all. I would really like to be able to scribble notes and be able to have them waiting in my email box at the office. My office manage will hate it but she has to read my scratch on paper so this might even look worst!

GadgetX
Apr 1, 2010, 11:11 AM
I'm in college and would love to be able to take notes ony ipad using a stylus. I don't need hand writing recognition just a simple way to write on the ipad. I hope this works out well!