PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good deal?

buzzfgo
Sep 13, 2004, 02:11 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5719979545&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

It might be kinda risky, but I think it was too good to pass up. I am new to macs however and wanted some input. This is comming with the tower and 17in flat screen. Rip away...

I picked it up for work by the way.

Timelessblur
Sep 13, 2004, 02:27 PM
well if everything is legit amd works then it a good deal.

The lack of software disk kind of get me though because that is normal a tell tell sign of pirated software.

jeremy.king
Sep 13, 2004, 02:49 PM
Looks like a good deal, but might be HOT

Always use caution when buying from 0 rated sellers, and those who can't answer people's questions -- read the Q&A.

If everything does work out, consider yourself a lucky person.

buzzfgo
Sep 13, 2004, 03:39 PM
Well I hope it does work out. What kind of upgrades would I be able to do with this bad boy?

NusuniAdmin
Sep 13, 2004, 03:56 PM
http://www.powerlogix.com/products/G4_dual_cpu_133/index.html :)

buzzfgo
Sep 13, 2004, 04:22 PM
Dang... that stuff is pricey.. Better start saving.

My wife is really going to kill me now.

Chip NoVaMac
Sep 13, 2004, 04:32 PM
I would only do it if I could pick it up personally. Too new a seller/buyer on eBay.

NusuniAdmin
Sep 13, 2004, 04:33 PM
Dang... that stuff is pricey.. Better start saving.

My wife is really going to kill me now.

yep.

Anyways check out http://eshop.macsales.com they have some great deals on stuff!

buzzfgo
Sep 13, 2004, 04:43 PM
I would only do it if I could pick it up personally. Too new a seller/buyer on eBay.

I was thinking the same thing. But I am going to use paypal. At least that gives a record. Then I will go pay a visit if it falls through. :)

StealthRider
Sep 13, 2004, 04:49 PM
Think PayPal will help? HAHAHAHAHA! Read this: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=87944

buzzfgo
Sep 13, 2004, 04:58 PM
hmm. Now I'm all nervous. I'm still gonna give it a shot though.

NusuniAdmin
Sep 13, 2004, 05:08 PM
so i take it ur ebay sn is kwfoos.....funky name

buzzfgo
Sep 13, 2004, 05:11 PM
well.... really it's my buddies at work. The only way for me to get junk off ebay and not have my wife know about it is through a 3rd party. :)

She never lets me buy anything. So I sneak it. Then I feel bad for a few, then I'm ok.

Oh and his name is that becasue he is a world class foosball player. I love it when he starts going on about that. Weirdo. :) Nice guy though.

hcuar
Sep 13, 2004, 05:12 PM
iBook G4 14" 10.3/1.2 ghz/60 gig/superdrive (apple gave me this for free....gotta love screwups ) - My home/programming/web design comp

Ok... totally unrelated, but I'll ask anyway. How did Apple manage to screw up and give you an iBook? Just curious. Seems like a little fishy... Next your going to say that it fell off the back of a truck ;-)

Chip NoVaMac
Sep 13, 2004, 05:44 PM
Think PayPal will help? HAHAHAHAHA! Read this: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=87944

You beat me to it.

Big ticket items I will only buy with those that have a high feedback, or at very least I am willing to drive to correct the problem.

hcuar
Sep 13, 2004, 05:53 PM
Umm.... It might be easy to notice... I don't know... A new computer. Kinda big to hide. :eek:

Chip NoVaMac
Sep 13, 2004, 06:06 PM
I revise my suggestion. Looked more closely and noticed that the seller has no feedback. I restate my previous post, unless you can inspect and pickup - RUN AWAY!!!!!

FuzzyBallz
Sep 13, 2004, 06:44 PM
It's either stolen or he took it home from the company he works at. Check out the bar code sticker. We use this in our company to keep track of inventory.

http://i3.ebayimg.com/03/i/02/6f/fb/df_1.JPG

And no, I do not trust no feedback sellers or buyers, especially when this much money is involved.

NusuniAdmin
Sep 13, 2004, 06:53 PM
Ok... totally unrelated, but I'll ask anyway. How did Apple manage to screw up and give you an iBook? Just curious. Seems like a little fishy... Next your going to say that it fell off the back of a truck ;-)

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=87725

and if you read my sig it does not say they gave me an ibook by mistake, it says they gave me a superdrive. Next time you accuse someone of something do it correctly ;)

Just changed it so its easier to understand :p

hcuar
Sep 13, 2004, 07:15 PM
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=87725

and if you read my sig it does not say they gave me an ibook by mistake, it says they gave me a superdrive. Next time you accuse someone of something do it correctly ;)

Just changed it so its easier to understand :p

It wasn't an accusation... I was just interested... Normally Apple doesn't accidently ship Macs. I was just joking about the truck. :rolleyes:

NusuniAdmin
Sep 13, 2004, 07:16 PM
It wasn't an accusation... I was just interested... Normally Apple doesn't accidently ship Macs. I was just joking about the truck. :rolleyes:

they did not ship a mac accidently lol

buzzfgo
Sep 13, 2004, 10:25 PM
Umm.... It might be easy to notice... I don't know... A new computer. Kinda big to hide. :eek:

Nah.. She never comes to where I work. I'll just set it up there. I have an emac and a PC at home. So I really have no need to bring it to the house. And I just got the emac. (damn I'm out of control)

upperblue79
Sep 13, 2004, 11:29 PM
Did anyone else notice this ended for a little more than a 17" apple display should sell for on ebay and it includes the computer? A new 17" goes for $699. This is way too good of a deal. If you get what you bought, then your a lucky man. Just my opinion.

Timelessblur
Sep 13, 2004, 11:43 PM
I say keep us informed on how it goes

buzzfgo
Sep 14, 2004, 06:02 AM
I will.

And with the monitor I agree it seems almost too good to be true. But maybe no one would bid on it due to it being the first item this guy put up. I really hope it is legit.

I was even thinking if I get it to just put the monitor and mac up on ebay separate.

Abstract
Sep 14, 2004, 09:31 AM
Your wife won't "let you" buy stuff off of eBay? Wow, she has a lot of power over you. Buy it if you can afford it. I wouldn't....looks kinda fishy, but go ahead if you think it's safe.

*cracks whip*

NusuniAdmin
Sep 14, 2004, 09:51 AM
Your wife won't "let you" buy stuff off of eBay? Wow, she has a lot of power over you. Buy it if you can afford it. I wouldn't....looks kinda fishy, but go ahead if you think it's safe.

*cracks whip*

he already bought it

Chip NoVaMac
Sep 14, 2004, 10:08 AM
Well congrats on winning! Please keep us posted.

buzzfgo
Sep 14, 2004, 02:32 PM
Ok, just got an email from the guy selling. He told me the shipping costs. He asked me if I would be paying with pay-pal and that if I was he needed to set up an account fast. He said he was sorry that he was new at this but he would do what he needs to do.

My thoughts are if this was BS why would he tell me that he had to set up a paypal account. I just think he doesn't know what he is doing kinda flyen by the seat of his pants. The item is prolly hot however. But what are ya going to do. I know what I'm gonna do. :)

Redboy
Sep 14, 2004, 03:34 PM
Well, if it's hot, I'd think twice about reselling it.

buzzfgo
Sep 16, 2004, 01:49 PM
Paid for and is being shipped. So he says. Stay tuned.

buzzfgo
Oct 1, 2004, 02:21 PM
Got it today. Works great. I can't get over how big this monitor is. WOW. Anywho... now I have to fig out how to get it home with out my wife killingme. :)

NusuniAdmin
Oct 1, 2004, 02:27 PM
Got it today. Works great. I can't get over how big this monitor is. WOW. Anywho... now I have to fig out how to get it home with out my wife killingme. :)

thats excellent, good luck with it man :)

Chip NoVaMac
Oct 1, 2004, 02:35 PM

Congrats!

I was just thinking of your purchase the other day. Glad it worked out.