PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth headphone recommendations

Saskamac
Apr 1, 2010, 08:59 PM
I'm a little confused about bluetooth headphones and Imacs/ipads. Is it right that the 27" imac doesn't support bluetooth audio but the Ipad does?

If the Ipad/Ipod supports them does anyone know of some good ones that are reasonably priced? i.e $75 range.

ImperialX
Apr 2, 2010, 05:57 AM
If you truly care about Audio quality, you should avoid wireless headphones. There's a reason why Audiophile headphones/earphones are always wired, you know.

As of now we don't really know what the iPad will support via. Bluetooth, but assuming it's the same as the iPhone, then it's really not a lot.

flanger
Apr 2, 2010, 06:14 AM
I'm also interested in bluetooth headphone suggestions (despite the loss of audio quality). I assume that the supported models will be the same as those of the iPhone.

murc585
Apr 2, 2010, 06:35 AM
I bought the Motorola S9-HD for about $100 last fall and they have been great. They wrap around the back of your head and feel very light. The battery life is good and it even has a mic for voice calls. It support full stereo bluetooth streaming and the quality is extremely good for a wireless set. It also has a bass boost button that makes it sound more like a real pair of headphones. All controls are working with android on my nexus one, but I remember some functions didnt work on my old iphone 3g s. I ended up using voice control to change tracks. I only recommend products that have been good to me and the S9-HD's have done me wonders.

sactownbwoy
Apr 2, 2010, 07:26 AM
If you truly care about Audio quality, you should avoid wireless headphones. There's a reason why Audiophile headphones/earphones are always wired, you know.

As of now we don't really know what the iPad will support via. Bluetooth, but assuming it's the same as the iPhone, then it's really not a lot.

If you truly care about audio quality you wouldn't be using an iPad to listen to music

zedsdead
Apr 2, 2010, 07:28 AM
There is one current issue with the iPhone OS and bluetooth headphones. When watching video, it is often out-of-sync and requires a headphone reset to fix. Even then it is not perfect. Hopefully Apple addressed this in the 3.2 software, but that remains to be seen.

CrAkD
Apr 2, 2010, 07:48 AM
I'd avoid the s9-HD they worked great for the first few months now they drop the signal 4-5 times a minute and it's do frustrating.

Saskamac
Apr 2, 2010, 08:57 AM
Is audio quality seriously degraded? I already have a good set of wired for the Imac, but I'm thinkin' of wireless for setting up the ipad and then wandering and working around the house.

Abyssgh0st
Apr 2, 2010, 09:32 AM
I may pick up a pair of the Moto ROKR's S9HD and see how I like them. My Uncle has the Rocketfish bluetooth headphones from Best Buy and thoroughly enjoys them, seen here. (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rocketfish%26%23153%3B+Mobile+-+RF-MAB2+High-Definition+Stereo+Bluetooth+Headphones+-+Black/9246862.p?id=1218068108153&skuId=9246862&st=bluetooth%20headphones)

heathpitts
Apr 2, 2010, 09:51 AM
I had the S9-HDs with my 3Gs and all the controls worked for me. I didn't like the rigid band though and returned them for the S7-HD Rokr model. More comfortable for how I use them but the controls for audio do not work! The phone controls work well. Great sound also