PDA

View Full Version : iPod Issues

raschild
Sep 13, 2004, 07:43 PM
I have a 3rd gen iPod that will frequently, seemingly without cause, reset during playback, sometimes several times in a row. I've tried restoring it, updating the firmware, draining and recharging the battery, and I even sent it to Apple under warranty. They sent it back. Any suggestions?

continuum
Sep 13, 2004, 08:03 PM
any way of getting another? warranty?

AliensAreFuzzy
Sep 13, 2004, 08:12 PM
Does it happen durring a specific song? If so, the song may be corrupt.

raschild
Sep 14, 2004, 06:15 AM
I've already sent it to Apple and they seemed to think it was sufficiently "functional" that it did not warrant a replacement. I think they're crazy. I don't think it's an individual song, because it will do it on a whole bunch of songs. I tried re-importing some of the songs it locked up on, but it didn't seem to help. Any other suggestions?

toughboy
Sep 14, 2004, 07:39 AM
I've already sent it to Apple and they seemed to think it was sufficiently "functional" that it did not warrant a replacement. I think they're crazy. I don't think it's an individual song, because it will do it on a whole bunch of songs. I tried re-importing some of the songs it locked up on, but it didn't seem to help. Any other suggestions?

Well.. locking up seems like a hard-disk bad sector. but you say that yuo sent it to Apple, which means they already should have checked the harddrive for badsectors and errors and etc.. I'd recommend you to do your own scandisk to see if there are any problems on the hdd of your iPod..