Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GeekLawyer

macrumors 68020
Original poster
In the grand tradition of the "iPad shipped" thread, here's a new one for tracking the accessories.

I just received my shipping notification email from Apple. I ordered by dock and my case at 5:32PDT (along with my 32GB WiFi iPad).

My case has now shipped, is coming via FEDEX, and is expected at my door on 4/6.

Anyone else getting the same info?

Young Turk

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2002
In the grand tradition of the "iPad shipped" thread, here's a new one for tracking the accessories.

I just received my shipping notification email from Apple. I ordered by dock and my case at 5:32PDT (along with my 32GB WiFi iPad).

My case has now shipped, is coming via FEDEX, and is expected at my door on 4/6.

yup, and now I've rec'd shipment notification on my dock as well, and its a different tracking number than the case.

YoungTurk

pagansoul

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2006
Earth
My dock has also shipped but I will be waiting till the end of April for my 3G and mid April for my cover.

mkruck

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2008
San Antonio, TX

Ditto. Just got the notice from Apple that the case shipped this morning via FedEx, estimated delivery date of 4/6.

berkleeboy210

macrumors 68000
Sep 2, 2004
Boston, Massachusetts
My Case has showed "Prepared for Shipment" since Weds. I hope that they're delayed in updating and that it has been shipped. I'm traveling on Tuesday, and don't want the iPad traveling bare. ;-)

dagomike

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2007
VGA adapter has been prep'd for shipment since like Wednesday or Tuesday. Still says ships by the 3rd...

I was kind of hoping it would show up Monday at the latest, but doesn't look like it.

Scott6666

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2008
Ordered my case and keyboard dock on 3/16.

Case is April 15 ship.

Dock is May 28 ship.

:(

Hope they have some cases in the store tomorrow.

GeekLawyer

macrumors 68020
Original poster
I ordered both my case and dock within a couple minutes of the store coming back. My order status has always said "ships by 4/3" for both. Since they shipped on 4/2, I guess that's true.

If UPS comes early enough tomorrow, I may be brave and head to the Apple Store to see if I can get the case, at least, before the scheduled delivery on the 6th.

iKnowDJZ

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
My dock has shipped via FedEx Ground with a delivery date of 4/7 and my case is still waiting to be shipped.

Cereal

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2008
Me too. I just received notice that they're shipping my Dock (no keyboard). The weight came in at 2.0 lbs. That's one mighty heavy dock!

berkleeboy210

macrumors 68000
Sep 2, 2004
Boston, Massachusetts
Ugh, I'm P'Oed right now. - I just got notified that my Case shipped Via FedEx Ground.

Which leads me to believe that it's being shipped from within the US.

BUT Delivery isn't until Wednesday 4/7 the day after I leave for Vacation :-(

GeekLawyer

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Ugh, I'm P'Oed right now. - I just got notified that my Case shipped Via FedEx Ground.

Which leads me to believe that it's being shipped from within the US.

BUT Delivery isn't until Wednesday 4/7 the day after I leave for Vacation :-(
With it coming on FedEx ground, maybe the times aren't exactly accurate? I'm hoping once there's some movement, maybe the estimated delivery times will improve?

And yes, it would appear they're coming from within the US.

iKnowDJZ

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
UPDATE

Both my Case and Dock has Shipped. Dock Says Wednesday Delivery and Case says Tuesday Delivery.

In the past I have known FedEx to "Over-quote" time so it makes them look better when it gets there a day early.

nlensander

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2010
iPad Case Shipped

screenshot2.jpg

I ordered the iPad Wifi+3G 64 GB on day one, March 12th. I also ordered the case, and it just shipped, looks like ill have the case to play with way before the iPad =)

Is anybody else's on the same plane?

mj1108

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2007
California
Just got my shipment notification for my case. The email from Apple says it'll be delivered by the 12th. My FedEx tracking number says it'll be here tomorrow. :\

msduncan

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2010
Strange....

My dock shipped earlier today and says delivery on the 8th.

My case shipped at 1pm today and says delivery tomorrow.

Summary: I have no idea when these items will arrive. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.