PDA

View Full Version : Accessories Shipped, Apple Just Sent Tracking Numbers

GeekLawyer
Apr 2, 2010, 10:58 AM
In the grand tradition of the "iPad shipped" thread, here's a new one for tracking the accessories.

I just received my shipping notification email from Apple. I ordered by dock and my case at 5:32PDT (along with my 32GB WiFi iPad).

My case has now shipped, is coming via FEDEX, and is expected at my door on 4/6.

Anyone else getting the same info?

Young Turk
Apr 2, 2010, 11:01 AM
In the grand tradition of the "iPad shipped" thread, here's a new one for tracking the accessories.

I just received my shipping notification email from Apple. I ordered by dock and my case at 5:32PDT (along with my 32GB WiFi iPad).

My case has now shipped, is coming via FEDEX, and is expected at my door on 4/6.

yup, and now I've rec'd shipment notification on my dock as well, and its a different tracking number than the case.

YoungTurk

pagansoul
Apr 2, 2010, 11:06 AM
My dock has also shipped but I will be waiting till the end of April for my 3G and mid April for my cover.

GeekLawyer
Apr 2, 2010, 11:07 AM
That's odd. My dock is still showing as "Prepared to Ship." But I have a FedEx tracking number for my case. Grrrr. You'd think they would have doubled that up.

mkruck
Apr 2, 2010, 11:22 AM

Ditto. Just got the notice from Apple that the case shipped this morning via FedEx, estimated delivery date of 4/6.

berkleeboy210
Apr 2, 2010, 11:24 AM
My Case has showed "Prepared for Shipment" since Weds. I hope that they're delayed in updating and that it has been shipped. I'm traveling on Tuesday, and don't want the iPad traveling bare. ;-)

dagomike
Apr 2, 2010, 11:26 AM
VGA adapter has been prep'd for shipment since like Wednesday or Tuesday. Still says ships by the 3rd...

I was kind of hoping it would show up Monday at the latest, but doesn't look like it.

GeekLawyer
Apr 2, 2010, 11:26 AM
Just got a second shipment notification email from Apple.

Both my dock and my case are en route. But with two different shipping numbers.

anubus84
Apr 2, 2010, 11:27 AM
my case still shows not yet shipped with an estimated ship date of 4/15... :mad:

Scott6666
Apr 2, 2010, 11:29 AM
Ordered my case and keyboard dock on 3/16.

Case is April 15 ship.

Dock is May 28 ship.

:(

Hope they have some cases in the store tomorrow.

GeekLawyer
Apr 2, 2010, 11:30 AM
I ordered both my case and dock within a couple minutes of the store coming back. My order status has always said "ships by 4/3" for both. Since they shipped on 4/2, I guess that's true.

If UPS comes early enough tomorrow, I may be brave and head to the Apple Store to see if I can get the case, at least, before the scheduled delivery on the 6th.

iKnowDJZ
Apr 2, 2010, 11:30 AM
My dock has shipped via FedEx Ground with a delivery date of 4/7 and my case is still waiting to be shipped.

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/9930/29567469.png (http://img708.imageshack.us/i/29567469.png/)

Cereal
Apr 2, 2010, 11:32 AM
Me too. I just received notice that they're shipping my Dock (no keyboard). The weight came in at 2.0 lbs. That's one mighty heavy dock!

GeekLawyer
Apr 2, 2010, 11:35 AM
Me too. I just received notice that they're shipping my Dock (no keyboard). The weight came in at 2.0 lbs. That's one mighty heavy dock!It's funny - the dock might weigh more than the iPad. Though, from a physics perspective, maybe that makes sense? :)

berkleeboy210
Apr 2, 2010, 11:48 AM
Ugh, I'm P'Oed right now. - I just got notified that my Case shipped Via FedEx Ground.

Which leads me to believe that it's being shipped from within the US.

BUT Delivery isn't until Wednesday 4/7 the day after I leave for Vacation :-(

sloth1791
Apr 2, 2010, 11:48 AM
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=887598

GeekLawyer
Apr 2, 2010, 11:50 AM
Ugh, I'm P'Oed right now. - I just got notified that my Case shipped Via FedEx Ground.

Which leads me to believe that it's being shipped from within the US.

BUT Delivery isn't until Wednesday 4/7 the day after I leave for Vacation :-(With it coming on FedEx ground, maybe the times aren't exactly accurate? I'm hoping once there's some movement, maybe the estimated delivery times will improve?

And yes, it would appear they're coming from within the US.

iKnowDJZ
Apr 2, 2010, 12:26 PM
UPDATE

Both my Case and Dock has Shipped. Dock Says Wednesday Delivery and Case says Tuesday Delivery.

In the past I have known FedEx to "Over-quote" time so it makes them look better when it gets there a day early.

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/3959/screenshot20100402at121.png (http://img408.imageshack.us/i/screenshot20100402at121.png/)

gibjer
Apr 2, 2010, 12:34 PM
Yup, just got my Dock tracking number, DHL Globalmail/USPS

GeekLawyer
Apr 2, 2010, 12:38 PM
Yup, just got my Dock tracking number, DHL Globalmail/USPSInteresting. Everyone else (so far) seems to be on FedEx.

nlensander
Apr 2, 2010, 01:02 PM
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/tennisguy123/screenshot2.jpg

I ordered the iPad Wifi+3G 64 GB on day one, March 12th. I also ordered the case, and it just shipped, looks like ill have the case to play with way before the iPad =)

Is anybody else's on the same plane?

GeekLawyer
Apr 2, 2010, 01:07 PM
I ordered the iPad Wifi+3G 64 GB on day one, March 12th. I also ordered the case, and it just shipped, looks like ill have the case to play with way before the iPad =)

Is anybody else's on the same plane?Wow - you're getting a lot more detail than I am.

For my dock, I just have:

Apr 2, 2010 6:43 AM Shipment information sent to FedEx

mj1108
Apr 2, 2010, 01:14 PM
Just got my shipment notification for my case. The email from Apple says it'll be delivered by the 12th. My FedEx tracking number says it'll be here tomorrow. :\

ugp
Apr 2, 2010, 02:21 PM
Got my email today for my Dock. FedEx Ground. Says ETA is April 8th. I am sure it will not take that long.

msduncan
Apr 2, 2010, 02:24 PM
Strange....

My dock shipped earlier today and says delivery on the 8th.

My case shipped at 1pm today and says delivery tomorrow.

Summary: I have no idea when these items will arrive. :P

GeekLawyer
Apr 2, 2010, 02:27 PM
My case says it will be here by the 6th; my dock on the 8th.

It would certainly be nice for them both to arrive tomorrow or Monday.

capitanbuzo
Apr 2, 2010, 02:30 PM
I don't get my order right now. The keyboard dock just shipped (said that it was going to ship on the 15) which is good but my case still has not shipped and that was said to ship by tommorow (ordered 5:38am on 12/3). Think I should call up Apple and see what's going on?

Edit: Forgot to say that the tracking number isn't working yet (it's a UPS one) and the case is supposedly prepared for shipment.

sfwalter
Apr 2, 2010, 03:22 PM
I received this email from our good friend is Cupertino:

We are pleased to inform you that one or more of your items has shipped. Please see the details of the shipment below. If you ordered more than one item, they may ship separately.
- The Apple Store

It is being shipped Fedex Ground.

dbell
Apr 2, 2010, 04:28 PM
Just got my shipment notification for my case. The email from Apple says it'll be delivered by the 12th. My FedEx tracking number says it'll be here tomorrow. :\

Same here, FedEx tracking shows it in transit with a delivery time of 4/3.

GeekLawyer
Apr 2, 2010, 04:30 PM
Same here, FedEx tracking shows it in transit with a delivery time of 4/3.Did you pay for expedited shipping, by any chance??

dbell
Apr 2, 2010, 04:31 PM
Did you pay for expedited shipping, by any chance??

Nope it was part of my iPad order, no shipping paid for.

GeekLawyer
Apr 2, 2010, 04:33 PM
Nope it was part of my iPad order, no shipping paid for.Maybe it's a geographic thing then? I'm way down in Florida. Are you closer to... well... I don't know where. Where are you located?

msduncan
Apr 2, 2010, 04:51 PM
Maybe it's a geographic thing then? I'm way down in Florida. Are you closer to... well... I don't know where. Where are you located?

I can't speak for him, but I'm in Birmingham, Alabama.

I suspect our est delivery dates will be updated later tonight with something middle to late next week. I'm just guessing though.

Edit to add: Roll Tide btw. ;)

mbsaeger
Apr 2, 2010, 05:49 PM
My Dock Shipped = Delivers on the 6th
Case NOT Shipped = Delivers on the 20th.... :|

CVC
Apr 2, 2010, 06:49 PM
My docked shipped with delivery on the 6th. It was sent 2 day service. FedEx says it left their facility in Ontario California today and is in transit. I live two hours away in San Diego, it will be down here tonight.

Will they deliver it on Monday or will they do Saturday delivery for 2 day service? I doubt it will be delivered on Tuesday, once it leaves their facility in Ontario, I will get it the next delivery day. With UPS I usually get the package the day they say it will arrive. With FedEx I usually get them one or two days early.

By the way, I paid for expidited delivery, hoping to get the accessories sooner, and they refunded the full amount.

ToutSuite
Apr 2, 2010, 06:53 PM
Does this indicate the cases will be in Apple stores tomorrow? I'd prefer just picking one up there.

capitanbuzo
Apr 2, 2010, 06:53 PM
Well my keyboard dock still isn't showing up under UPS tracking but Apple says it will deliver by the 6th. My case's tracking number is showing up in Fedex. Apple says I will have it by the 12th (which is dumb as I ordered it at 5:38am on 12/3) but Fedex says I will get it by the 6th. I sure hope Fedex is right.

azboricua
Apr 2, 2010, 07:08 PM
I just received my tracking number for my case, ordered on day 1 with my 16GB WIFI iPad. Just says Billing Information Received. Being shipped UPS GROUND, I just dont know where from though.

gibjer
Apr 2, 2010, 07:15 PM
OK, I now have all my tracking numbers

- VGA Adapter
- Dock (No Keyboard)
- Case

All saying shipped today DHL GlobalMail (probably because I shipped to a business address)

GeekLawyer
Apr 2, 2010, 07:41 PM
Edit to add: Roll Tide btw. ;)I don't have a dog in that fight. I went to FSU. ;)

I've seen several people in other threads who say their accessories are coming as early as tomorrow. Wow.

sonofpismo
Apr 2, 2010, 07:44 PM
My case says it will be here by the 6th; my dock on the 8th.

It would certainly be nice for them both to arrive tomorrow or Monday.

I have the same delivery dates as you for both items. I'm in Orlando, FL. I wish I had my case in time for tomorrow, but oh well!

GeekLawyer
Apr 2, 2010, 07:48 PM
I have the same delivery dates as you for both items. I'm in Orlando, FL. I wish I had my case in time for tomorrow, but oh well!Then maybe it's a little related to geography? I'm up in Jacksonville.

sonofpismo
Apr 2, 2010, 07:52 PM
Hard to believe some cases will be delivered tomorrow as well... makes me wish I had paid for priority. It was the first time I didn't!

I ordered my accessories separately, 2-minutes after I ordered my iPad.

GeekLawyer
Apr 2, 2010, 07:54 PM
Hard to believe some cases will be delivered tomorrow as well... makes me wish I had paid for priority. It was the first time I didn't!

I ordered my accessories separately, 2-minutes after I ordered my iPad.Ahhh... so since you ordered them separately, I guess you could have added the rushed shipping. You have several Apple stores around. Have you thought about running out to one for a case later in the day?

sonofpismo
Apr 2, 2010, 08:11 PM
Ahhh... so since you ordered them separately, I guess you could have added the rushed shipping. You have several Apple stores around. Have you thought about running out to one for a case later in the day?

I was thinking about hitting up my Best Buy... my Apple Stores will be packed. But, I think I will use the iPad at home sans the case, and I don't go back into work until Tuesday, and will have the case by then. If I am up and really bored, which I will likely be, I might venture out in the morning for a case.

UPS is notorious for coming very late, as I live near the hub. I am usually their last stop before heading in for the night. FedEx on the other hand, is always here by 1pm.

msduncan
Apr 2, 2010, 08:16 PM
Ok so I think I've gotten to the bottom of it. My case shipped from Olive Branch MS, and thus will arrive tomorrow according to Fed Ex status.

Wow... they must have a bunch of Distribution centers across the US or something.

Scratch that -- it shipped from Memphis and arrived in Olive Branch.

My dang Ipad hasn't budged from KY though.

GeekLawyer
Apr 2, 2010, 08:25 PM
Ok so I think I've gotten to the bottom of it. My case shipped from Olive Branch MS, and thus will arrive tomorrow according to Fed Ex status.

Wow... they must have a bunch of Distribution centers across the US or something.Mine appears to be coming from the FedEx hub in Memphis. That's a long drive down I-75.

Like the other poster, I'll be around the house for the most part anyway, until the case actually arrives. So... no big deal.

I'd kind of like the dock now. C'est la vie.

sonofpismo
Apr 2, 2010, 08:40 PM
I'd kind of like the dock now. C'est la vie.

I plan on keeping it charging overnight in its dock on the nightstand next to my bed. Along side my iPhone, of course! :)

MiguelS
Apr 2, 2010, 08:45 PM
Yes, regular Dock shipped and VGA Cable shipped. My keyboard already came.

My 3G is still waiting.

GeekLawyer
Apr 2, 2010, 08:45 PM
I plan on keeping it charging overnight in its dock on the nightstand next to my bed. Along side my iPhone, of course! :)That's the very reason I want it. I don't charge my iPhone on a dock overnight... But I could imagine that dock next to my bed with maybe some iPad Netflix running. Or something.

mj1108
Apr 2, 2010, 08:47 PM
I can't speak for him, but I'm in Birmingham, Alabama.

I suspect our est delivery dates will be updated later tonight with something middle to late next week. I'm just guessing though.

Edit to add: Roll Tide btw. ;)

I'm in Central California. I figured with the quick delivery date they were shipping directly from Cupertino (or Jobs was going to personally deliver it), but it looks like they do have a few places across the US they're shipping from.

berkleeboy210
Apr 2, 2010, 08:52 PM
For those accessories that were shipped FedEx Ground - I just remembered that they don't work on Mondays.

GeekLawyer
Apr 2, 2010, 08:55 PM
For those accessories that were shipped FedEx Ground - I just remembered that they don't work on Mondays.Wait... what? Monday is a work-day. Why wouldn't they deliver on a workday?

sonofpismo
Apr 2, 2010, 08:56 PM
That's the very reason I want it. I don't charge my iPhone on a dock overnight... But I could imagine that dock next to my bed with maybe some iPad Netflix running. Or something.

I have a ince Sony clock/radio iPhone dock. I need my phone near me for possible work related issues. But I plan on waking up every morning and using my iPad until I feel like getting out of bed.

sonofpismo
Apr 2, 2010, 08:58 PM
Wait... what? Monday is a work-day. Why wouldn't they deliver on a workday?

FedEx Home Delivery (a.k.a FedEx Ground) delivers on Saturdays but not Mondays. They take Sunday and Monday off. Most FedEx Home Delivery orders are actually delivered by contracted third-parties.

I actually forgot about that earlier, and now wish I had paid for priority shipping even more!

GeekLawyer
Apr 2, 2010, 09:01 PM
I have a since Sony clock/radio iPhone dock. I need my phone near me for possible work related issues. But I plan on waking up every morning and using my iPad until I feel like getting out of bed.Oh, my phone is next to my bed. I never looked into a docking solution. I guess I'm hoping that there will be some killer iPad app that will do some cool alarm clock/info display foo.

FedEx Home Delivery (a.k.a FedEx Ground) delivers on Saturdays but not Mondays. They take Sunday and Monday off. Most FedEx Home Delivery orders are actually delivered by contracted third-parties.

I actually forgot about that earlier, and now wish I had paid for priority shipping even more!Well, poop. That sort of irritates me almost to the point of considering a trip to BestBuy or the Apple Store for a dock at least. If I refuse delivery, is there any sanction from Apple aside from a refund of the purchase price?

sonofpismo
Apr 2, 2010, 09:03 PM
If I refuse delivery, is there any sanction from Apple aside from a refund of the purchase price?

I never do this sort of thing, but my buddy would just return the one Apple delivers you to Best Buy in place of the one you are buying.

GeekLawyer
Apr 2, 2010, 09:06 PM
I never do this sort of thing, but my buddy would just return the one Apple delivers you to Best Buy in place of the one you are buying.That's a perfectly acceptable way to do it. I was worried there would be some sort of serial number issue. But then again, I was thinking about this in relation to my iPad itself, not the accessories. Hmm.

Hmac
Apr 2, 2010, 09:17 PM
I ordered a 64 gig 3G on day one, along with the VGA adapter and the case. Those items came with relatively vague ship dates.

Today I got shipping notices from Apple for both the iPad case and the VGA adapter that I ordered with the 3G.

FWIW

sheaitisnotso
Apr 2, 2010, 09:41 PM
Well I've got an estimated delivery of 4/6 on my case. Here is my tracking:

Details
Apr 2, 2010 8:14 PM
Arrived at FedEx location
OLIVE BRANCH, MS
Apr 2, 2010 5:02 PM
Picked up
MEMPHIS, TN
Apr 2, 2010 10:22 AM
Shipment information sent to FedEx

Oh yeah and I'm in Columbus, Ohio so why is it going in the opposite direction? With Memphis being a hub they could easily put it on a plane and it would be here for Saturday delivery.

Not to mention I'm on the Korea flight of doom for my iPad so I'd say I'm batting .1000

sonofpismo
Apr 2, 2010, 09:45 PM
Not to mention I'm on the Korea flight of doom for my iPad so I'd say I'm batting .1000

Right there with you. iPad is MIA (for now) and case not coming until Tuesday, and dock not until Thursday. At least the accessories are coming FedEx. I never liked UPS, and like them less now.

mj1108
Apr 2, 2010, 11:11 PM
Just got an update on my case....it shipped today and is coming from Sacramento (Apple must have some distribution there?) and will be here tomorrow.

4/2/2010 8:50:00 PM Arrived at FedEx location SACRAMENTO, CA US
4/2/2010 7:18:00 AM Shipment information sent to FedEx

matthijst
Apr 4, 2010, 03:42 AM
Anyone get their case already?

GeekLawyer
Apr 4, 2010, 08:18 AM
I was weak. After UPS delivered my iPad, I really wanted to have my case and dock. A call to my local Apple store confirmed "plenty" of accessories. A quick trip later and I had a new case and dock.

I'll take delivery from FedEx of both next week and return those to the Apple store.

This iPad is amazing. :)