Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

niuniu

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Wix.com is the Flash web template site. I wanted to give it a whirl today to see what it was like, but the buttons to Upload pictures from my computer don't appear when trying to edit images. Is the site just not Mac compatible or?

adamvk

macrumors 65816
Oct 29, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Wix.com is the Flash web template site. I wanted to give it a whirl today to see what it was like, but the buttons to Upload pictures from my computer don't appear when trying to edit images. Is the site just not Mac compatible or?

No, it is compatible. I would try using a different browser maybe.

My website used to be 100% flash with Wix until Apple decided they didn't like flash. I had no problems with Wix using Safari on my Mac.

DonCapitol

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2010
Problems with Flash

In regards to the comment that Apple doesn't like Flash. It's annoyingly absolutely true and has such a large affect on Wix as it means you cant view on devices such as the iPhone and iPad. So when I found this out, I switched from wi to http://www.cubender.com/#/ because its a flash website builder AND its HTML compatible. Plus it has a similar functionality to Wix, though less templates. At least Ill know im better covered online once I publish.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.