PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio, TX

c2one
Apr 2, 2010, 02:05 PM
Anybody in San Antonio plan on lining up early?

:apple: Northstar ?
:apple: La Cantera ?
or
Any Best Buy ?

Chris Blount
Apr 3, 2010, 12:22 PM
Anybody in San Antonio plan on lining up early?

:apple: Northstar ?
:apple: La Cantera ?
or
Any Best Buy ?I was able to pick one up at Best Buy at Alamo Ranch. They got about 30 of them around 10 am. If you hurry there may be a few left.

Chris Blount
Apr 28, 2010, 12:34 PM
Just talked to a couple of Best Buy stores here in town. Basically first come first serve at 5pm. They will NOT be handing out tickets.

tripjammer
Apr 28, 2010, 10:47 PM
Just talked to a couple of Best Buy stores here in town. Basically first come first serve at 5pm. They will NOT be handing out tickets.

That is good to know. I preordered mine from the apple.com...so I hope Fedex will deliver mine on Friday.

Good luck for those getting them from best buy.

tripjammer
Apr 28, 2010, 10:50 PM
I am thinking there is gonna be more demand for the 3G ipad than people realize. So if you are wanting one hit up the two Apple Stores...Hit up the Northstar first because it is not as busy and the LaCantera store....but 5pm...a lot of people will hit up NorthStar Apple store since it is convenient going home from work. You might want to get there at least an hour before 5pm and get in line. if you are hitting up Best Buy, hit up the one on 281 and 1604...that one seems like the least busy best buy in SA.

Chris Blount
Apr 30, 2010, 01:18 PM
Talked to a Best Buy manager today.

Basically, the smaller stores will be getting the 64GB version only. The larger stores will have all three.

So if you want anything other than 64GB, go to a larger (or more busy) Best Buy.

Chris Blount
Apr 30, 2010, 04:22 PM
In line right now at the Alamo Ranch Best Buy. They have 10 64gb models in stock. I'm number 7 in line with nobody behind me.

timothy496
Apr 30, 2010, 04:38 PM
I am thinking there is gonna be more demand for the 3G ipad than people realize. So if you are wanting one hit up the two Apple Stores...Hit up the Northstar first because it is not as busy and the LaCantera store....but 5pm...a lot of people will hit up NorthStar Apple store since it is convenient going home from work. You might want to get there at least an hour before 5pm and get in line. if you are hitting up Best Buy, hit up the one on 281 and 1604...that one seems like the least busy best buy in SA.

Thanks for the info. My wife is on her way to the NorthStar location. To anyone out there...how's the line?

Chris Blount
May 18, 2010, 12:11 PM
Steady flow of iPads coming to the La Cantera store. Went in on Saturday to reserve one and just picked it up today (3 days). They said the average wait time is about a week.

Chris Blount
Mar 7, 2011, 03:40 PM
Might as well revive this thread.

I talked to the manager at Best Buy in Alamo Ranch on Saturday and he said he didn't know if they are getting the iPad 2 on launch day.

I'm hearing talk of Sam's Club and Target getting them but don't know if they will have them on launch day. Anyone heard anything?

DemonBob
Mar 8, 2011, 12:18 AM
I'm hoping I can pick one up at lunch from work. I work the evening shift till 11pm. So i'm going to try to swing by La Cantera at about 8 to pick one up. If an hour is not enough, i'll go by there again before work on Saturday.

Chris Blount
Mar 8, 2011, 08:46 AM
I'm hoping I can pick one up at lunch from work. I work the evening shift till 11pm. So i'm going to try to swing by La Cantera at about 8 to pick one up. If an hour is not enough, i'll go by there again before work on Saturday.
That sounds like a plan. I will probably be trying Best Buy first. If they don't have enough, I will try Target then Walmart since they are all in the same area.

timothy496
Mar 11, 2011, 08:41 AM
The plan: leave work early, pickup/drop off the kids, and be at Northstar by 4pm.

By chance has anyone called to find out if they received, and how many, white ones?

Been saving for this day after realizing how essential the first one is.

timothy496
Mar 11, 2011, 10:51 AM
Called store and --even though they will not tell you the qualities in stock-- they did confirm having at least one of everything.

DemonBob
Mar 11, 2011, 02:12 PM
I really hope they have a 32 or 64GB AT&T model left at 8:00pm.

Chris Blount
Mar 11, 2011, 04:11 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Alamo Ranch Best Buy is giving out tickets. Just got one. Now I have to wait until 5. That was easy.

timothy496
Mar 11, 2011, 04:51 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Alamo Ranch Best Buy is giving out tickets. Just got one. Now I have to wait until 5. That was easy.

Is the ticket for the model you want or your place in line? Do you know if they have any of the white at&t 64gb ones?

My wife got to Northstar around 4 and was told she is around the 160 mark. They also told her she probably wouldn't get into the store until 8-8:30.

Apparently someone sold their spot toward the front of the line for 50 bucks.

RickNTpa
Mar 11, 2011, 07:10 PM
Went by La Cantera around 4:30p and the lines were wrapped down and around the parking lot to Nordstroms..

Ventured over to Best Buy @ Alamo Ranch and got there about 4:55p, all vouchers were handed out and they were inside lined up at the Geek Squad desk to pickup. Store manager said it would be Wed or Friday before they received anymore in.

There was about 20-25 people in line inside.

Oh well...

Chris Blount
Mar 11, 2011, 09:53 PM
Went by La Cantera around 4:30p and the lines were wrapped down and around the parking lot to Nordstroms..

Ventured over to Best Buy @ Alamo Ranch and got there about 4:55p, all vouchers were handed out and they were inside lined up at the Geek Squad desk to pickup. Store manager said it would be Wed or Friday before they received anymore in.

There was about 20-25 people in line inside.

Oh well...Yep, I was in the line for checkout at Alamo Ranch. They started handing out vouchers around 2:30. I got there about 3:45. I think they ran out of vouchers about 4:30. Alamo Ranch is still the best place to get this stuff because it's quiet over there and not busy. Last year I didn't have any issues getting an iPad 1.

DemonBob
Mar 12, 2011, 11:23 AM
Didn't get one yesterday... Woke up at 8am this morning, took a chance at going by La Cantera, I was 4th in line and they got a shipment! :) Sporting my black 32GB wifi! At 10:00 they had 50 people in line, by the time I left there were 100 or more people in line. I got lucky.

RickNTpa
Mar 12, 2011, 03:01 PM
Wow! That was lucky Bob.. I got up this morning and thought for sure it would have been a lost cause..

I wonder how many they had? It's 3p now, so probably sold out by now..

Enjoy that 32GB!!