Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Padriac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 29, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
Not sure where to post this as it really applies to the Apple Online Store itself (the one where you buy computers and such) and not the iTunes Store.

On my iMac running 10.6.3 I can't checkout on the Apple online store. I can add items to my cart (doesn't matter what it is: i've tried various items). But once I go to check out it asks me to login and when I do I get taken to a page that says "An error has occurred during your session. Please return to the Store Menu to continue shopping." No matter how many times I try to checkout, I'll get the same error.

However, if I login to the Apple store from my Macbook Air running 10.5.8 (which recognizes me as the same account as the same items will show up in the cart) I can checkout fine with no problems.

So same network, same firewall settings, same Apple account, but one computer won't let me check out without error and one will let me checkout just fine. I have no clue what could be causing this. It's a very curios problem as it doesn't seem to make any sense. Note that both computers will let me purchase from the iTunes store using the same account info just fine. Any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.