Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lifeform

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 10, 2009
Hi,

I have barely just began to look at C, which I understand I have to learn before beginning to code Objective C and using Cocoa Touch.

I am starting at scratch, with no signifant programming experience at all.

Though my apps are simply going to be informative presentations of local restaurants with contact info, address, what kind of food they classify under and the menu (maybe only as an uploaded PDF-file).

I also want to include Google placement in the app for direction plus driving directions, and rating of each restaurant. Also it would be very sweet if the website could clone the actual content from the app and vica versa. And we need a user input form where the users inputs their datas.

Do I really have to learn all this math C stuf (if, while, for-loops, etc) for creating informative
apps like this ?

Is it enough maybe to link in an MysQL-database or LiteSQL-database (or what is it called) and some other infotypes in my app...?

What path would you recommend me to travel along to become a effective iPhone App-programmer ..? I never imagine me to program games or more advanced programming stuf, but I have many informative apps I would like to get developed.

Excellent if you want to help me out, and learn me the stuf I need to learn to create informative / web alike, database driven apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.