PDA

View Full Version : Columbia, MD

muzzle79
Apr 2, 2010, 10:09 PM
Apple store @ the mall? or Apple @ BestBuy?

Apple store at the mall said people were meeting up at the upstairs entrance to the mall (macy's parking garage.)

Best Buy, you can just stand in line outside.

So far no lines, not sure it's going to be as bad as any other launches, but it should be fun none-the-less. Apple tends to have a happy crowd of employees to greet you in the morning!

muzzle79
Apr 2, 2010, 10:10 PM
Apples wifi is also free and *on* for you to consume while you wait. Or so I was told.

Hammie
Apr 2, 2010, 11:25 PM
I was considering going, but may try my local BB mini Apple Store.

muzzle79
Apr 3, 2010, 01:30 AM
4-5 people here milking the wifi

330toSRT8
Apr 3, 2010, 06:05 AM
How many in line now? Thanks.

rleepremier
Apr 28, 2010, 03:12 PM
anyone going to BB or apple store for the 3g?

mossme89
Apr 28, 2010, 04:39 PM
Anybody know how best buy stock of the ipad was for the wifi launch? I am going to get the 3G iPad, and am wondering if it will be in stock when i get my b-day $$ on May 6. The Apple store is only 5 minutes away at the mall so it should hopefully be good.

330toSRT8
Apr 28, 2010, 06:14 PM
Anybody know how best buy stock of the ipad was for the wifi launch? I am going to get the 3G iPad, and am wondering if it will be in stock when i get my b-day $$ on May 6. The Apple store is only 5 minutes away at the mall so it should hopefully be good.
I ended up going to the BB in Shady Grove for the wi-fi on opening day. Store opened at 10 and I got there at 10:30. There was one guy in front of me. After I bought mine, there was one left in stock. So I don't think you'll have a problem getting one. The novelty has mostly worn off by now. :-)

rleepremier
Apr 29, 2010, 09:26 AM
I went to bb on opening day and at 630 they had some wifi available. Doubt there is gonna be a problem getting it on the 6th. Still gonna get here early tomorrow just in case to get the 3G.

tacoshell
Apr 29, 2010, 01:07 PM

The nice thing about this area is there area at least dozen best buys in close driving distance (DC, Annapolis, NOVA, Baltimore and everywhere in between). The trick around here is to call all the best buys on the morning that you want to get it, and if one has it in stock, ask them to hold it for you. You then have till 9 that day to pick it up. Worked for me for the 64 gb wifi version, ended up getting it in Bowie. It was funny the stock levels the different stores had, like some had a bunch of 16, but no 32 or 64, some had just 32's, some had no 16s etc. Just have to call to find the exact model you want.

edit: For those wanting it on launch day, am not sure they will hold. I got mine 3 days later.

rleepremier
Apr 30, 2010, 07:20 AM
Noone here at bb in Columbia. I'm guessing noone will have to wait in lines this time. Remember it is $630 for an ipad.

stevenhaddox
Mar 11, 2011, 07:11 AM
If so what time are you planning on arriving?

drale
Mar 11, 2011, 07:50 AM
Planning to hit the Apple store in the mall at 2pm, and saving spot for a friend too.

Doc750
Mar 11, 2011, 07:55 AM
I'll by swinging by here after work. If the line is past Macy's I'm going home. I waited for the Iphone 4 for 5 hours here this summer. I'm not willing to do it for an Ipad. Or for any other piece of electronic for that matter.

whateverandever
Mar 11, 2011, 09:36 AM
Planning to hit the Apple store in the mall at 2pm, and saving spot for a friend too.

People aren't going to be happy about that. "Saving a spot" is generally considered butting in line unless he's taking your place.

drale
Mar 11, 2011, 09:46 AM
People aren't going to be happy about that. "Saving a spot" is generally considered butting in line unless he's taking your place.

Well, I've planned to let at least 2 or 3 people behind me know that I am saving one spot for one friend, and that's it. So at least they're aware of it.

dave2131
Mar 11, 2011, 01:28 PM
Hows the line looking down there?