Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
I reserved my iPad at the Valley Fair mall in California. I believe this is the same place that Steve Wozniak was at last year for the iPhone 3GS launch. He autographed people's iPhone boxes and I hope he will be present for the iPad launch and sign my iPad. :)

chmp1

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2010
is there a line anywhere. I am on fourth floor parking structure near nordstroms. not sure which entrance is the closest to apple...

Woz Beard

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2008
USA
Lots of fun!

Lots of media following Woz. He was friendly as usual. Picked up a 16 and 32 without a problem. I wore a t-shirt from HyperMac in order to get a free battery pack.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
I got his signature on my iPad! I was the third person and it looked like the only teenager there today! I already put my iPad in the case and it's a very tight fit, so check out my YouTube channel for a video clip if you want proof or just to see it lol :D.

jster25

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2008
Has anyone done an upgrade at the Valley Fair Apple store before? I have a 16gb iPad and I kinda wanna upgrade to a 32gb or even a 64gb. Anyone know if they will still charge me the restocking fee or if they will waive it?

Woz Beard

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2008
USA
I got his signature on my iPad! I was the third person and it looked like the only teenager there today! I already put my iPad in the case and it's a very tight fit, so check out my YouTube channel for a video clip if you want proof or just to see it lol :D.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you weren't the third person to get his signature on an iPad. You are at least the tenth or even higher. A few of us got it signed INSIDE the store.

:p

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
How does the Valley Fair (blah blah shoppingtown) mall handle long mid-day lines? Indoors or outdoors if the weather's bad?

Any bets on whether Woz shows up on a Segway again?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.