Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spiderguy84

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 12, 2009
I am working on an ipad app but with autorotate it messes up where my labels pictures and buttons are placed. In portrait they are centered but in landscape it's offset to either left right or top and bottom. How can I make it to where portrait an landscape are both centered in same areas

spiderguy84

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 12, 2009
No need to get snippy. I'm sorry I don't live up to your standard of a developer. I have a full time job and a 4 month old infant so this is something as a hobby and am learning as I go. A simple, "here is what you need to learn about masks and rotating", along with the link would have been sufficient enough without getting an attitude with me

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
I have given you the best advice I can give you: learn about the platform, understand the concepts, limitations and frameworks. Then start developing. You are not the first person (or even the tenth) that I've given this advice to on these boards and you won't be the last.

As far as I am concerned I have not "got an attitude" with you. If you're not happy about it, well, I hope someone else comes along to help you. I can't see any reason for me to help you any further as you are clearly ungrateful.

spiderguy84

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 12, 2009
I only need one answer to help with my app. Everything else is setup, ready to go. I ask for one piece of information you direct me to the entire documentation for the whole sdk and treat me as some idiot who never should have started. If there is anyone else who can help me with this one task of autosizing i would appreciate it

PhoneyDeveloper

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2008
Open the Xcode Documentation window.
Type this into the Search box:

autoresizingMask

If you're using IB, look at the IB docs for springs and struts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.