Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swiftflo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2010
I have just transferred to disc photos from iphoto, using the share - burn feature. On my disc I have besides my photos unwanted items, there is even an Application. Apart from shutting down everything else except for iPhoto how can I avoid this happening.:confused:

skybolt

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2005
Nashville, TN, USA
The burn feature in iPhoto is meant to be used as an iPhoto backup and not for simply burning photos to be used in anything but iPhoto. That is probably where the other files are coming in.

If all you want to do is to put some photos on disc, to give to someone else perhaps, use the export function to export the desired photos to a folder on your desktop and then burn that folder to a disc. Using the export function will allow you to select the size/resolution of the photos, and you will probably want to use the largest size for the best looking photos.

swiftflo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2010
The burn feature in iPhoto is meant to be used as an iPhoto backup and not for simply burning photos to be used in anything but iPhoto. That is probably where the other files are coming in.

If all you want to do is to put some photos on disc, to give to someone else perhaps, use the export function to export the desired photos to a folder on your desktop and then burn that folder to a disc. Using the export function will allow you to select the size/resolution of the photos, and you will probably want to use the largest size for the best looking photos.

Thanks, whilst waiting for an answer that is what I managed to sort out.:)

AlaskaMoose

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2008
Alaska
Thanks, whilst waiting for an answer that is what I managed to sort out.:)
1. You will see a "Comand" key next to the shift key. Open an Event, and press and hold the command key, and while holding the key (pressed) click on a photo you want to burn, and another, and another, bypassing the one you don't want to burn.

2. Once you have selected all the photos you want to burn, you have two choices:

a. Select Burn CD (the photos you have selected will be copied to the CD you want to burn)

b. You can just Export the photos to the Desktop, and choose "A new Folder" (a new folder will be created on the desktop, and the photos will be saved to this folder.
------
"b" is my favorite option, because I can use the Finder to burn a CD that's Mac and PC compatible. Option "a" can only burn a CD that is iPhoto compatible.

If you choose option "b," then quit iPhoto, go to the Finder, and from here burn the CD with the photos in the folder you have saved to the Desktop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.