PDA

View Full Version : Phonic Firefly 302 interface recording issues.

asdewqasdfgh
Apr 3, 2010, 09:57 AM
i just got a phonic firefly 302 firewire interface (as a gift) and i cant figure out how to get any sound recorded. its plugged in via firewire, but i have also tried it using the dc adapter. its recognizing sound becuase the light lights up on the interface when i make noise. and i can hear sound played back through headfones or audio monitors becuase i switched all the audio settings to be through the firefly but i cant record with it. im using logic pro 8 but not even garageband will work with it. please help.

jackerin
Apr 3, 2010, 10:21 AM
You have your real instrument track set up with the right audio input in GB?

ChrisA
Apr 3, 2010, 10:50 PM
i just got a phonic firefly 302 firewire interface (as a gift) and i cant figure out how to get any sound recorded.....

You need to tell us what you've done in huge detail. Have you selected the the correct interface?

asdewqasdfgh
Apr 4, 2010, 10:59 AM
yes yes i selected the correct interface within Logic, which is what i am using. i tried the same in garageband, still nothing. i want to get it to work with logic, i selected the firefly as the interface, and i can hear the audio when i play it back, but it will not record any sound. im not TOO incredibly new to recording, ive used a line 6 tone port for a while to learn the basics. i did everything i normally do with the tone port but i just switched the interface to the firefly and it wont work.

asdewqasdfgh
Apr 4, 2010, 11:03 AM
i know the computer and the firefly are communicating because of the audio playback through the monitors i have plugged into the firefly, and the signal light lights up when i make noise into the microphone. i have seen around that others have had the same issue and people have said to download the ff302 control panel, i did, but not sure what that is supposed to do to help.

asdewqasdfgh
Apr 4, 2010, 11:11 AM
i noticed that in the audio midi setup utility, the input and the output levels for the firefly were both all the way down and faded out so i cannot change them, like i could with the tone port. i attached a picture if logic and the audio midi setup if it helps.

jackerin
Apr 4, 2010, 12:29 PM
yes yes i selected the correct interface within Logic, which is what i am using. i tried the same in garageband, still nothing.
Ok. How about You have your real instrument track set up with the right audio input in GB?

asdewqasdfgh
Apr 4, 2010, 12:57 PM
ok i just tried it in garageband, i recorded for about 20 seconds and still no sound recorded. i could hear the metronome through the speakers though.