Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ndmccormack

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2004
London, UK
Hi, I'm planning on trading in my dual 1.42 ghz G4 powermac to buy a shiny new G5 iMac

any ideas of what kind of price I can get for the following (in pounds preferrably!)

Dual G4 1.42 Ghz
512mb memory
80Gb hard disk
SuperDrive
19" Triniton Formac Monitor

i saw a really good trade in website the other week, but alas i can't remember it and didn't bookmark it either!

Anyone got any good leads?

cheers
Niall

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
Well, my standard method of estimating what something is worth used is to go to eBay (UK in your case), do a search for the item, then check the "Only show completed listings" option. You should then be able to scan through a list of whatever you're trying to sell and find out what it has sold for during the past few weeks.

Not perfect, but it's a good general indicator.

As for trade-ins, I've never seen a store that did that personally, but I suppose they're out there.

Brize

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2004
Europe
Hi Niall: Selling privately, I reckon you'd be looking at around a grand (GBP) for the G4, provided that it's in good working order and excellent condition cosmetically. I'm not sure how much the CRT would add to that estimate.

Depending on where you're based, could you not place a free ad in Loot?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.