PDA

View Full Version : Exchange ActiveSync Support?

Phil A.
Apr 3, 2010, 11:44 AM
One the pre-release specs, there was no mention of Exchange Support for contacts and calendars (the most conspicuous thing was MobileMe explicitly was mentioned as being the option for wirelessly syncing contacts). This led me to suspect that there may not be Exchange ActiveSync support in the iPad OS and therefore not even push e-mail support for Exchange Email. Can anyone with an iPad please check this out and let me know?

Thanks

FearlessFreep
Apr 3, 2010, 11:46 AM
I believe it's the same as the iPhone OS and thus supports Exchange natively through ActiveSync just like the iPhone.

Kenal0
Apr 3, 2010, 11:47 AM
I believe it's the same as the iPhone OS and thus supports Exchange natively through ActiveSync just like the iPhone.

Same as phone

freitas
Apr 3, 2010, 11:50 AM
Exchange works beautifully. Posting this from my 32G iPad.

Phil A.
Apr 3, 2010, 12:44 PM
That's good to hear - thanks for the confirmation. I thought it would be OK but with support not being mentioned on the website, I had a fear that Microsoft had refused to license it for the iPad or something equally ridiculous.

freitas
Apr 3, 2010, 01:39 PM
I have experienced no problems in the few hours I have had the iPad. Setup was identical to the iPhone and the sync was blazing fast over the in-store wifi. So far I am very impressed!