PDA

View Full Version : I got my iPad! I have a few questions (Apple Case, Screen Protection)

jedivulcan
Apr 3, 2010, 04:08 PM
I got a 16gb iPad today at the Apple Store. I reserved on for pickup when pre-orders started.. I didn't think I'd get one... but just for the heck of it in case I actually liked it. I played around with one in the store and thought, "Yes, I'm getting it).

1) So I got the Apple branded case. How does it fit for everyone else? I can barely get the standard Apple earbuds in (they do but the case almosts obstructs them). Also... was there anything inside the case that needed to be taken out? Like stuffing?? The back of the case is very thick on the back at the fold (not the Apple logo front of the case... but when you lay it down closed... there's like a thickness at the back.

2) Screen Protection. Apple didn't have any. I thought that since I have a case and the screen is designed to be touch.. I'd be fine without it. Necessary?

Ljohnson72
Apr 3, 2010, 04:11 PM
The case fits very tight. Put it in as far as possible. Looking at my case, there is plenty room for the earbuds/mic (one big rectangular opening). Screen protection isn't necessary IMO.

hh83917
Apr 3, 2010, 04:46 PM
The apple case definitely fits tight. I don't know if I will be removing it after I got it on.
About the screen protection, I actually think of getting one of the PowerSupport ones once they come out. Not for the protection, but I felt the iPad screen have a bit too much resistance to it when I glide my finger across it. I have the powersupport glossy screen protector on my iPhone and I feel it is easier to slide my finger through it easily even when my finger is a bit sweaty.

Eldiablojoe
Apr 3, 2010, 05:03 PM
Since the iPad has the same screen as the 3GS, I'm going to put an invisi-shield (http://www.zagg.com) on mine. I love the one on my iPhone, it covers the entire thing, including the screen. You can buy the invisi-shield yourself online or at best buy, or some places like kiosks in the mall or a store at the Irvine Spectrum will install it for you.

Over the invisishield, I usually put on a rotating variety of skins (http://www.skinit.com)

FWIW.