Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Voondebah

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 28, 2010
Thought I would post my impression of this case to help out anyone who was considering it: the short of it is NOT recommended.

It seemed really nice, with the adjustable corner pieces to make sure the iPad would fit, but it's really poorly done. First thing, the corner pieces cover the rotation lock and device lock buttons, as well as one of the speaker/mic grilles, so the case doesn't serve as a good always-on solution. Also, the pieces happen to coincide with some of the bubble spots, which results in an area that isn't stable to hold the pieces (the fabric is just suspended where the bubbles are, so it gives). Third, at least with mine, the glue used to attach the Velcro to the rubber isn't set, so any attempt to get a tight fit resulted in the pieces just sliding on the Velcro till it was loose again.

I don't think this case really qualifies as anything more than a glorified sleeve; it would provide more protection than a generic net book sleeve, but the rubber pieces are just rubbish. I'm going to be returning it and getting the Incase convertible book jacket instead, which looks like a much sturdier version of the apple case.

cheapa55

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
Thanks for the review. I was thinking about buying one and wondered about the "bumpers". Looks like i'll keep looking for another case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.