Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 12, 2009
Me, as a foreign person (not living the USA), wants to know how you guys feel about the iWork suite? How does it work? Is it nice to work with? Can you use - for example "Pages" - as a word processor (possibly with a physical keyboard) or isn't it good enough for that?

Let you hear your self!

Revelation78

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2008
North Carolina
You'll get a warning from the mods for bumping threads - not allowed my friend.

On to your question...

The iWork suite work really well, and yes if you have a Bluetooth keyboard or the keyboard dock you'll be just fine.

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 12, 2009
You'll get a warning from the mods for bumping threads - not allowed my friend.

On to your question...

The iWork suite work really well, and yes if you have a Bluetooth keyboard or the keyboard dock you'll be just fine.
Sorry for bumping, but it was almost on the next page already ;)

Nice to hear it works really well, and I'm already aware of the fact that you can use a keyboard but I mean is it nice to make documents on the iPad? Can you use it to just make normal documents like on a computer (in combination with the keyboard)? :p

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 12, 2009
Yes, I would suggest you take a look at Apple's videos on the iPad -remarkable really.
Yea, it seems great on Apple's website but I want to know how user experiences are. Let's say you get an assignment on school: you have to make a report on, for example, the respiratory system. Can you just make this very easy on the iPad (and for the long typing using the keyboard)?

Revelation78

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2008
North Carolina
Yea, it seems great on Apple's website but I want to know how user experiences are. Let's say you get an assignment on school: you have to make a report on, for example, the respiratory system. Can you just make this very easy on the iPad (and for the long typing using the keyboard)?

Yes you can, if you're going to be doing a lot of typing, I would recommend a physical keyboard. Don't get me wrong I like the virtual one and I can type pretty fast and accurately already - however for long typing sessions I would resort to being a touch-typist.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.