PDA

View Full Version : Where has your iPad been? (photo thread)

coolbreeze
Apr 3, 2010, 08:57 PM
Thought I'd start a fairly unique idea...were have you traveled with your iPad so far?

My iPad was the first ever on Antelope Island in Salt Lake City, UT. I had a little trouble finding a WiFi hotspot though! :D

http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac53/hotsauce78/rsz_pad.png

SeanZy
Apr 3, 2010, 08:58 PM
Yes, because I like to put my new devices with aluminum backings on sharp rocks.

Akash.B
Apr 3, 2010, 09:02 PM
That's pretty cool. Mine's been to a walk tom the park (no photo though :()

coolbreeze
Apr 3, 2010, 09:03 PM
Yes, because I like to put my new devices with aluminum backings on sharp rocks.

Snarky comment indeed, but I was very careful. Not a single scratch.

Anyhow, anyone have something valuable to add?

Smacky
Apr 3, 2010, 09:03 PM
Waiting for a pic of iPad near toilet bowel

kainjow
Apr 4, 2010, 02:19 AM
Waiting for a pic of iPad near in toilet bowel

Fixed for you :D

ethical
Apr 4, 2010, 04:00 PM
I like this idea. Looking forward to seeing some good photos!

Schtumple
Apr 4, 2010, 04:12 PM

Come on now, no need for that. It's easter. Play nice children.

ethical
Apr 4, 2010, 04:42 PM
WiFi reception is surprisingly good up here! Lot's of hotspots.

J the Ninja
Apr 4, 2010, 05:00 PM
WiFi reception is surprisingly good up here! Lot's of hotspots.

This looks 'shopped. I can tell from the pixels and from having seen quite a few 'shops in my time.

ethical
Apr 4, 2010, 05:03 PM
This looks 'shopped. I can tell from the pixels and from having seen quite a few 'shops in my time.

No fooling you eh...

BeamWalker
Apr 5, 2010, 04:35 AM
I think you're running into issues trying to operate your iPad with these gloves to be honest.

mickbab
Apr 5, 2010, 04:37 AM

No mate, you've got it all wrong. The image is completely legitimate, it's just the vacuum in space causing problems in the picture.

richard.mac
Apr 5, 2010, 04:40 AM

NeuralControl
Apr 5, 2010, 09:47 PM

That line always gets me. :D

peapody
Apr 5, 2010, 10:16 PM
i don't understand why people would pause to take a picture of an iPad in use if it's going to be in use at somewhere beautiful/relaxing/wonderous. Why not just enjoy the world for its wonders instead of focusing on a material thing?

chiefroastbeef
Apr 6, 2010, 09:18 AM

Sherlock Holmes, ladies and gentlemen. *applause*

thewatkins101
Apr 6, 2010, 09:44 AM
i don't understand why people would pause to take a picture of an iPad in use if it's going to be in use at somewhere beautiful/relaxing/wonderous. Why not just enjoy the world for its wonders instead of focusing on a material thing?

Itís probably the same reason why you would stop and take a picture of your dog, or maybe your care if you had a nice one. People enjoy taking pictures and video, hence sites like flickr and YouTube. Our entire world is made up of material things so it's pretty hard not to focus on them.

peapody
Apr 6, 2010, 09:56 AM
Itís probably the same reason why you would stop and take a picture of your dog, or maybe your care if you had a nice one. People enjoy taking pictures and video, hence sites like flickr and YouTube. Our entire world is made up of material things so it's pretty hard not to focus on them.

haha sure...

But if i was in a place like the one pictured in the OP. I wouldn't be taking a picture of a device. Nature is the ultimate beauty that no man can create. Seems like a waste to me. But hey more power to you.

anjinha
Apr 6, 2010, 09:58 AM

Yeah, because the few seconds it takes someone to take a pic will really keep them from enjoying the world... :rolleyes:

peapody
Apr 6, 2010, 10:07 AM
Yeah, because the few seconds it takes someone to take a pic will really keep them from enjoying the world... :rolleyes:

Yep. I believe so. If the ipad is the object, take a picture of it when you aren't out in such beauty.

iAlan
Apr 6, 2010, 10:31 AM
My iPad has only ben in my dreams because not launched in Japan yet!

RawBert
Apr 6, 2010, 10:38 AM

Wait... *confused look* you're joking, right? *chuckles*

Mal
Apr 6, 2010, 10:52 AM
haha sure...

But if i was in a place like the one pictured in the OP. I wouldn't be taking a picture of a device. Nature is the ultimate beauty that no man can create. Seems like a waste to me. But hey more power to you.

Actually, pictures like the OP's are really cool for showing off that stark contrast between nature and manmade objects. I thought it was a good photo.

I'm also a little disappointed in MR for not finding anyone else to post similar photos (I don't have an iPad, so I can't).

jW

Melrose
Apr 6, 2010, 12:40 PM
Waiting for a pic of iPad near toilet bowel

...don't know about you, but has got to hurt. :eek: Dark side of the moon indeed, eh?

Andrew K.
Apr 6, 2010, 11:45 PM
Snarky comment indeed, but I was very careful. Not a single scratch.

Anyhow, anyone have something valuable to add?

I was pretty freaked seeing your new iPad on a rock but it's a very cool pic!

This guy...*puts on sunglasses*....has used the internet before.

azboricua
Apr 6, 2010, 11:48 PM
This guy........has used the internet before.

It's like he is a super interwebz ninja or something. I just those he wasn't serious about the pixel checking, lol.

Yep. I believe so. If the ipad is the object, take a picture of it when you aren't out in such beauty.

Lol, I could imagine how you are. "hunny could you step aside, this picture isn't about you. I'm enjoying the outdoors right now. Your time is in the bedroom and that's it. We'll take pictures then."

RawBert
Apr 7, 2010, 09:18 PM
This guy...*puts on sunglasses*....has used the internet before.

OMG, that's hilarious. :D :cool:

Knowlege Bomb
Apr 7, 2010, 09:48 PM
OMG, that's hilarious. :D :cool:

Got a good chuckle outta me, too. :)

Cool OP, btw. I stopped in the Apple store this morning while out for a hair cutting and held it for the first time. Actually, played Plants vs. Zombies for a couple minutes. Anyway, it's nice. I can see why people are excited.