Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djrobsd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2008
WOW, I just installed IMDB on my iPad, and I am just blown away. The interface is AMAZING, it makes using IMDB so much better then their web site could ever do. The photos are BEAUTIFUL, high res, formatted perfectly for iPad, and the movie trailers are excellent.

This, by far, is the first app I've seen on the iPad that has actually made me appreciate the fact that I plopped my $500 bucks down today...

Looking forward to more optimized for iPad apps! And hopefully fricking Apple will allow multi-tasking in 4.0 cuz having to close apps just ain't working so swell for me!

marksman

macrumors 603
Jun 4, 2007
Cool.

It is funny that I mentioned IMBD specifically as a site I thought could do more with an app than just a web page. I use IMBD quite a bit, and this is one of the things I would find very useful when the device is in coffee table mode.

dave1812dave

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2009
WOW, I just installed IMDB on my iPad, and I am just blown away. The interface is AMAZING, it makes using IMDB so much better then their web site could ever do. The photos are BEAUTIFUL, high res, formatted perfectly for iPad, and the movie trailers are excellent.

This, by far, is the first app I've seen on the iPad that has actually made me appreciate the fact that I plopped my $500 bucks down today...

Looking forward to more optimized for iPad apps! And hopefully fricking Apple will allow multi-tasking in 4.0 cuz having to close apps just ain't working so swell for me!

soooo....with your mind being "BLOWN" by IMDB, and you aren't too happy without multitasking, is it safe to say that all in all, it's a WASH??

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
I can appreciate that the IMDB app might be considered mind blowing in its presentation, but the IMDB, in and of itself, is in no way, shape or form mindblowing. It is a database. Databases are inherently non-mindblowing.

CactusHawk

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2009
Doesn't work for me?

Looks great but i can't get the previews to work. They load but never play. I have deleted and reloaded but nothing.:confused:

Mitchrapp

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2010
I can appreciate that the IMDB app might be considered mind blowing in its presentation, but the IMDB, in and of itself, is in no way, shape or form mindblowing. It is a database. Databases are inherently non-mindblowing.

It's sort of mind blowing ;).

Cinder6

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2009
Probably not many. I don't recall any marketing for this, or do I just not watch enough TV?

There wasn't any marketing for it, but I've seen a lot of people saying it would be nice as a "coffee table computer", and a few even specifically mentioned imdb.

poe8

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2010
I just like looking at hot celebrities in full screen iPad glory. Great app.

Unprocessed1

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2008
The strength of the imdb app is not flashy user interface but rather amazing content and a simple and clean user interface.

bossxii

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2008
Kansas City
I'd have to say it is one of the better written iPad apps so far. They actually took the time to make it useful and informative vs just blowing up the resolution from the iPhone app. It wasn't my choice for movie info on the iPhone, but so far it will be on the iPad. Very nice indeed.

One Love 1867

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2009
Sheffield, UK
The strength of the imdb app is not flashy user interface but rather amazing content and a simple and clean user interface.

And the usefulness. Not sure if this applies to anyone else, but quite literally every time I sit and watch a movie with friends, SOMEBODY will always say something like "Ah I recognise him, but what from?" or anything along those lines.. at which point we'll all reach for our phones.

As an App, IMDB is perfectly suited to that sort of instant accessibility with the iPad as a "coffee table" computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.