Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

1969cj5

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2008
Just wondering who besides me is going to not use a case. I never used a case when I got a Nano, never use one on my touch and don't plan on using one with my iPad. With all the technology built in to the materials to make it that avoid scratches, I just can't cover Apple products up. What are you going to do.
Oh yeah...sent from my iPad.

CJS7070

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
I didn't use a case on my iPod nano or touch either, but i think that with the ipad its only a matter of time until i break down and order one.

GermanSuplex

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2009
I thought about it, but the very first thing I did this morning was drop my charger on top of the iPad screen when unboxing. Luckily there was no damage, but I learned my lesson. I'm usually pretty careful, but this device could use a bit of protection when I'm on the move.

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
I agree, a case is not really necessary. I have a sleeve so that it does not get damaged while it is in my backpack, but otherwise I don't think a case is necessary.

By the time this gets really damaged or scratched up it will either be time to buy a new one or I will just buy a case for it then to cover up the damage. In the meantime I'll be enjoying Apple's fantastic design!

Bodhi395

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
I didn't get a case and am usually against them, but think I might need one for the iPad. It has nothing to do with protecting it, it's just ive had some trouble using it at various angles. I'd like a case like the apple one that will prop it up at an angle to make it easier to type and use in general.

sonictonic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2006
San Jose, California
I didn't get a case and am usually against them, but think I might need one for the iPad. It has nothing to do with protecting it, it's just ive had some trouble using it at various angles. I'd like a case like the apple one that will prop it up at an angle to make it easier to type and use in general.

That's the main reason I think I wanna get one too. Lookin at the incase version...
http://store.apple.com/us/product/H0958ZM/A?fnode=MTc0MjU2Mjc&mco=MTc0MjU5MDU#overview

DonWilson

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2005
McKinney, TX
Every single case that I've ever owned for my iPods, iPhones and now iPad has gotten in the way. I don't really intend to take it away from my bedside, so a case for it would just be a waste of money.

Beau10

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2008
US based digital nomad

Exactly. After living with it for a couple weeks caseless it was screaming for a stand of some type, at least in certain situations. I elected to get a MacAlly bookstand as it is easy to insert/remove and seems decent enough for protection when putting in another bag. Most of the time it is naked.

As far as drop protection goes, I've dropped just about every phone I've owned, but I've never dropped a laptop. Pretty much every time I drop a phone is when I pull it out of my pocket too fast and it seemingly slips out of my hand... so in that regard the iPad is treated more like a laptop.

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
I did for a bit, but it makes me so darn nervous. Also the naked feel got old, the edges are just sharp enough to be a bother after a while.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.