PDA

View Full Version : Ipad with air card

n1xf
Apr 4, 2010, 02:17 AM
I have an At&t USB aircard that I use on my MacBook when I'm not within wifi range. Ipad with cell connectivity is several weeks out. Bought a Cradlepoint 3G Mobile Broadband Travel Router at BestBuy for $70. Aircard plugs into this device, which then creates a wifi network that uses the aircard's signal. Met effect: one aircard bill vs 2, ipad works everywhere now. Special deal: if you register the device with mfr, they'll send free auto adapter. Installation of device? No software--just plug in device & aircard and it works. Check website for compatibility before you purchase: cradlepoint.com. I bought CTR350.

romeo.xk
Apr 12, 2010, 03:10 AM
I think I'm gonna have to test this out, I do get a att wireless card (company pays for it) and this would be a great solution, and it would be col to have wifi in the card, I think I would go for the CTR500 since it has the option of been mobile (It has a battery)...

hutchings2000
Apr 14, 2010, 01:50 PM
Can you share the model number/ Also does it have web based administration?

Thanks

bunger
Apr 14, 2010, 03:25 PM
I am doing the same thing, but with Verizon's MiFi device... slick solution! Granted, it's more expensive than what the 3G iPad will be.... but it still works!

MrMorden
Apr 16, 2010, 12:42 AM
Another nice option is the zoom 4506 travel router. Similar to the cradlepoint one. Got mine today, couldn't be happier.