Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

icoigo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2010
I've just installed Aperture 3 today, never use Aperture before, actually I just bought my first Mac on the day before yesterday.

I have some questions about Aperture3:
1. Although I choose to save the photo into another location in the HD rather than Aperture Library itself, I found that Aperture Library size is still very big, now it is 11G and it looks like eating a lot of space in the future. Is there any setting wrong, is it possible to significantly reduce its size?
2. I found that it is not that convenience if I store the photo into Aperture Library when I import. This is because what if I don't use Mac, for example, use Windows to mainly handle all my photo, I have to export all of the photo one time, right? It will be better to store photo as what their own format like RAW or JEPG especially when someone who donn't use Mac asks for some photo from me. Or I am wrong, Aperture can do things so easily than what I imagine.
3. When I import photo, there is an option to let me choose where I want to store them, and there will list some history place where you chosen before, is there any way to clear this history?

Any answer and suggestion will be appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.