PDA

View Full Version : iPad bookmark sync to MobileMe?

tys
Apr 4, 2010, 10:22 AM
I set up my new iPad and it synced my bookmarks from mobile me with no issues. I've since spent some time reorganizing them on the iPad and now want to sync the changes back UP to MobileMe and to my other devices.
How do I make that happen? I though it would happen automatically, but now my iPhone only has one bookmark and when I try to sync my Mac, it tries to sync that one same bookmark.
I want everything to have the same bookmarks that I've got set up currently on the iPad. Any advice?
Apologies if this is really obvious and stupid, but I can't figure it out.

Tys

andyblila
Apr 4, 2010, 10:28 AM
System Preferences, MM then set to overwrite.

tys
Apr 4, 2010, 10:35 AM
System Preferences, MM then set to overwrite.

That's on the Mac, right? It gives a warning saying it will delete all but one of my bookmarks if I do that.
I'm trying to get my iPad bookmarks to sync TO my other devices.

benwest0411
Sep 20, 2010, 09:07 AM
Hi. Just wondering if you have solved this issue yet? My Mac keeps telling me to 'Replace' the bookmarks on MobileMe or 'Fix Later', however, I want to iPad to overwrite it.

carpets
Nov 20, 2010, 09:45 AM
Hi. Just wondering if you have solved this issue yet? My Mac keeps telling me to 'Replace' the bookmarks on MobileMe or 'Fix Later', however, I want to iPad to overwrite it.

Sorry to just add a "Me Too" but Me too!

Anyone with any ideas?

I've tried loads of things including de-registering my MBP from MobileMe.

I think the problem is that the iPad is not uploading the bookmarks to MM.

Night Spring
Nov 20, 2010, 05:08 PM
Try turning off the mobileme bookmark sync on the iPad (when asked whether you want to delete or keep the bookmarks on your iPad, select "keep"), then turn it back on. It should give you the option to merge bookmarks, which should copy the bookmarks on your iPad to MobileMe.

carpets
Nov 21, 2010, 07:29 AM
Try turning off the mobileme bookmark sync on the iPad (when asked whether you want to delete or keep the bookmarks on your iPad, select "keep"), then turn it back on. It should give you the option to merge bookmarks, which should copy the bookmarks on your iPad to MobileMe.

Thanks for the feedback, but I've tried that already - no joy.

BUT, I have finally found a solution...

Turn off bookmark syncing on all devices.
Sync the bookmarks on the iPad with iTunes.
This will update the bookmarks on the Mac.
Then turn on syncing again on all devises, choosing to merge info.

Good luck!

ibosie
Nov 21, 2010, 12:01 PM
I'm a long time MobileMe user but there's definitely something iffy with iPad synchronisation. I sometimes find missing bookmarks or calendars and have to resort to switching things off and on again to force a refresh. I'm at the point where I try to avoid creating new anything on the iPad and stick to my iPhone 4 or the Mac. Maybe iOS 4 will sort it out.