Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

autopsytheclown

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2010
Hi, so I downloaded a bunch of apps yesterday and today I wanted to sync some of my iPhone apps onto my iPad so I plugged it in and it synced my photos, music and movies but no apps. While syncing it transferred the iPad apps I bought then followed up by removing them. I went to the apps tab and everything is greyed out. I cannot click the "App Sync" box without iTunes giving me a timing out error. I unplugged that then plugged in my iPhone and everything worked fine. I don't think its an iPad issue per say but more of an iTunes issue. Anyone else encounter this issue or know how to fix it? Thanks!

jman240

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2009
Sync in iTunes is all or nothing meaning you either choose to sync everything (ie you choose what syncs but the way you do it is sync) or you choose to manually manage it (ie you drag everything to the device instead of using all the tabs to set up sync).

What basically happened is when you unchecked "Manually manage music and videos" or you selected "sync music" it switch from manual mode to sync mode. You will now have to sync apps. It sucks but that's how it works. The alternative is to again check Manually manage from the device info page and then just drag your music and movies to the device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.