PDA

View Full Version : Restarting after updates in Windows boots to OS-X

OrangeSVTguy
Apr 4, 2010, 01:47 PM
I've noticed a little quirk that I don't like like, when restarting in Windows, it always boots to OS-X, well mainly because it's my startup disk. Even if I hold the Option key while restarting from Windows so I can choose my Windows 7 partition, it ignores it and boots straight to OS-X. This always happens when restarting for Windows updates.

I do have the bootcamp drivers installed so I just click on that in the task bar to restart in OS-X when I need to. Are there any options like that on the OS-X side? Instead of shutting down and holding the option key? I still want to keep my default startup disk as my OS-X partition.

r.j.s
Apr 4, 2010, 01:50 PM
BootChamp

chas0001
Apr 4, 2010, 01:52 PM
I've noticed a little quirk that I don't like like, when restarting in Windows, it always boots to OS-X, well mainly because it's my startup disk. Even if I hold the Option key while restarting from Windows so I can choose my Windows 7 partition, it ignores it and boots straight to OS-X. This always happens when restarting for Windows updates.

I do have the bootcamp drivers installed so I just click on that in the task bar to restart in OS-X when I need to. Are there any options like that on the OS-X side? Instead of shutting down and holding the option key? I still want to keep my default startup disk as my OS-X partition.

You can try BootChamp : http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/28468?rord=mod%7C%7Ccmodrev=239698:1

OrangeSVTguy
Apr 4, 2010, 03:39 PM
BootChamp

You can try BootChamp : http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/28468?rord=mod%7C%7Ccmodrev=239698:1

Thanks! That's awesome! Now any chance of putting that in the Apple menu say under the Restart/Shutdown? Would like to free up any more clutter in the top right corner?

But how do you keep OS-X from booting up when you restart Windows? I find that holding down the Option key does nothing when restarting Windows.

OrangeSVTguy
Apr 4, 2010, 04:05 PM
:( Probably not working because of the 10.6.3 update? Or do I actually have to have some Password instead of it being blank? I remember G4FanControl would not work either with a "blank" password.

balamw
Apr 4, 2010, 05:34 PM
:( Probably not working because of the 10.6.3 update? Or do I actually have to have some Password instead of it being blank? I remember G4FanControl would not work either with a "blank" password.

What password do you enter when you apply updates? Blank?

There's also some issues with havingsoftware that makes your Boot Camp partition read/write installed. Do you have anything like that? (NTFS-3G, Paragon, ...)

B