iTunes
Maps
safari
Mail
Photos
Videos

Vesuvio Cat
Apr 4, 2010, 02:31 PM
Goodreader by a longshot. I actually feel bad for only paying .99 for it.

I'm frustrated beyond belief that I can't import iWork '08 files into the iPad, so I have to rather ironically copy them into Office first and then transfer them onto my iPad. So I'm slightly peeved at Pages and Numbers so far.

I've tried a few games that have blown me away as well

NOVA
Super Monkey Ball
Homerun Battle

The news apps are amazing, particularly BBC, CNN, and the NPR app. Great for any good patriotic liberal American!

ijen0311
Apr 4, 2010, 02:32 PM
Weatherbug, USA Today, NYT, and Kindle. :D

bowecho
Apr 4, 2010, 02:32 PM
I haven't gotten many. I did buy the 3 iWork apps and I find them to be extremely well done. I never cared for Numbers on the Mac, but the iPad version is a joy to use for some of the budgeting spreadsheets I keep.

I got Flight Control HD too. Already addicted to it again. The new bigger maps are great, but really tough. I hesitated spending $5 on it but am glad I did now.

I hope there are some free versions of games coming out soon. There are a lot of $10-15 games that look great, but I want to play a free demo of a level before I spend that.

wingnut8
Apr 4, 2010, 02:33 PM

I'm frustrated beyond belief that I can't import iWork '08 files into the iPad, so I have to rather ironically copy them into Office first and then transfer them onto my iPad. So I'm slightly peeved at Pages and Numbers so far.

I've tried a few games that have blown me away as well

NOVA
Super Monkey Ball
Homerun Battle

The news apps are amazing, particularly BBC, CNN, and the NPR app. Great for any good patriotic liberal American!
couldn't you just export them from iWork as a .doc?

ob81
Apr 4, 2010, 02:39 PM
So far:

iBooks
Pages
Zinio
ABC player
Pandora

Really want a good study/notepad app to come out.

Surprised that I enjoy pages on this thing. Typing is actually pretty decent.

H00513R
Apr 4, 2010, 03:19 PM
So far:

ABC Player
World Cup 2010
Civilization Revolution
NPR

shaotse
Apr 4, 2010, 03:33 PM
iTeleport (formerly jaadu)
Popular Science
NYTimes
& of course Safari/Maps

- Still trying to justify buying the iwork apps but haven't quite been able to yet

Mitchrapp
Apr 4, 2010, 03:38 PM
Yahoo! Entertainment and USA Today at the top of the list so far. I like the Cartoon app. and Marvel app. as well.

Oh and Netflix.

sheaitisnotso
Apr 4, 2010, 03:42 PM
Hands down it's Netflix

Can't wait to try out the MLB app when the games actually start

Mitchrapp
Apr 4, 2010, 03:44 PM
Hands down it's Netflix

Can't wait to try out the MLB app when the games actually start

Seattle/SF was on today. Looked good.

bluehaze013
Apr 4, 2010, 03:45 PM
Netflix
Worms HD
NYT Crosswords

mottdog
Apr 4, 2010, 03:47 PM
Hands down right now: Scrabble

wolfpackfan
Apr 4, 2010, 03:48 PM
Netflix
ABC
Kindle
Bible

angemon89
Apr 4, 2010, 03:49 PM
Rock Band is awesome on the iPad. It's not iPad native yet though.

Alrescha
Apr 4, 2010, 03:51 PM
couldn't you just export them from iWork as a .doc?

You can export Numbers '08 documents to a Microsoft Excel (xls) spreadsheet and then import that into Numbers for iPad, even though you can't import Numbers '08 spreadsheets directly into Numbers for iPad.

Is this the definition of irony?

A.

abijnk
Apr 4, 2010, 03:51 PM
I've watched three movies on Netflix now. By far my favorite app. Probably going to get the MLB app, too.

Also impressed with twitterific and abc player.

Mitchrapp
Apr 4, 2010, 03:54 PM
I'm patiently waiting for the Madden app. Should be really cool on a bigger screen.

esmode
Apr 4, 2010, 03:59 PM
Netflix
Adobe ideas
Dailymotion
Craigsphone
Etrade

Holding off on these types of apps until more are available:
FTP client
Text/HTML editor
Dropbox

Noisemaker
Apr 4, 2010, 04:03 PM
I only grabbed a couple of apps.

iKeys for iPad is by far the best piano app I've used. It sounds like it's a real piano, rather than the usual crappy samples that most piano apps use. Way better than pianist IMO, and it's way cheaper.

The other one I bought is iHeritage. It's an awesome family tree maker. I took my iPad over to my great grandmother's house this morning to get info on my ancestors. It was awesome. Well worth the $3 it cost.

I still need to grab the iWork apps though.

Fakejohnsculley
Apr 4, 2010, 04:30 PM
my 2 yr old son loves the Doodle Buddy app

spectre51
Apr 4, 2010, 04:34 PM
Magic piano is awesome. Can't wait for more released songs.

Abc
Netflix
USA today
Tweetdeck

Looking forward to more iPad specific apps

gwynne
Apr 4, 2010, 04:37 PM
Magic piano is awesome. Can't wait for more released songs.

Abc

You're actually getting the ABC player to work consistently without crashing? I've given up on deleting/reinstalling it until there's an update.

alex2792
Apr 4, 2010, 04:43 PM
Sam and max is awesome on the iPad and being able to play it 2weeks before it comes to other platforms is just an added bonus.

spectre51
Apr 4, 2010, 04:45 PM
You're actually getting the ABC player to work consistently without crashing? I've given up on deleting/reinstalling it until there's an update.

Yeh no issues at all. My wife and I rewatched the Modern Family iPad episode last night. Smooth play back and looked great.

ArcAngel66
Apr 4, 2010, 04:47 PM
It saddens me to see no Geometry Wars love so far...

While I haven't played it, watching videos and reading reviews apparently the control scheme works exceptionally well.

Plus, the iPad version is ALL previous versions' game modes in it. Definitely a bang for the buck.

Mitchrapp
Apr 4, 2010, 04:55 PM

While I haven't played it, watching videos and reading reviews apparently the control scheme works exceptionally well.

Plus, the iPad version is ALL previous versions' game modes in it. Definitely a bang for the buck.

It looks sweet. I might have to check it out.

Alicia4065
Apr 4, 2010, 04:57 PM
So far I like:
Bible
ABC
USA Today
Kindle

iBallz
Apr 4, 2010, 05:15 PM
So far I like:
Bible
ABC
USA Today
Kindle

Wasnt so happy with the Bible, our church locks the WiFi. And it wont work!

voidptr
Apr 4, 2010, 05:53 PM
Goodreader. Burned some coin on a couple other PDF readers first before finding recommendations for this one. Debating asking for a refund on the others.
Kindle
NYT
Bloomberg
eTrade, though the markets haven't actually been open yet since I got it to test, and I don't understand why they didn't make it universal since both apps are free.
Implosion XL
Netflix, though I think it needs some polish. Browsing is slower than it should be and I've gotten it stuck once.
Safari

Waiting for a chance to try WebEx. Another one that should have been universal and oddly isn't.

snoddyjt
Apr 4, 2010, 06:11 PM
I've been able to load iWork 08 spreadsheets without issue. Still bummed that you can't share documents via iDisk. Maybe next release?

pooryou
Apr 4, 2010, 06:19 PM

They have in app purchases where you can buy extra features like FTP support if you want to pay more :)

ArcAngel66
Apr 4, 2010, 06:20 PM
It looks sweet. I might have to check it out.

Yeah... in no way am I affiliated with (Actvision is it?)... but Geometry Wars is simply a game most people should at least check into.

It's pretty much the perfect style of game for on the go too.

JSF
Apr 4, 2010, 06:37 PM

You can download the version of the Bible you want, and use it offline.

snoddyjt
Apr 4, 2010, 06:50 PM
Netflix. Watched "Only Angels Have Wings" in stunning 720p.

RDM+ Logged into work PC & my iMac. Flawless.

IBooks. Beautiful.

Kindle. Decent upgrade, but I understand a true iPad version is coming.

ABC Player. Thought "Flash Forward" looked great.

Video player. iTunes HD movies looked awesome as did my Apple TV Handbrake rips in both HD & SD. iPad display is sharp enough to justify HD video. SD isn't bad, but you can indeed tell the difference.

Fakejohnsculley
Apr 4, 2010, 08:46 PM
The Yahoo! Entertainment app is very nice as well. I'm surprised.

rayward
Apr 5, 2010, 10:38 AM
Fieldrunners is fantastic. The graphics have been greatly enhanced, and the runners now die in different ways depending on what kills them. The new home screen interface is nice too. No real change to the gameplay, but they're promising that will follow soon.

Also, Netflix is great - the picture quality is really very good. The embedded video app is pretty sweet too.

ClaireL
Apr 5, 2010, 11:23 AM
Abc TV-works beautifully for me
Bible-looks great
Yahoo entertainment-better than I expected it to be
USA Today-fantastic!!
We Rule HD-very cool online multiplayer game which is kinda like farmville on Facebook. Beautiful in Hi Def
Aurora Feint-looks beautiful and is a fun game
Wikipanion-super
IMDB-love it
Fluent News-nice for News
Harbor Master HD-good line drawing game
Pocket Legends for iPad-very polished MMO online game. Pretty cool
NPR-wonderful

I haven't used my $40 in iTunes cards yet, so I will edit this when I get more iPad apps

gwynne
Apr 5, 2010, 11:57 AM
I'm quite pleasantly surprised with the free Epicurious app. I remember trying out the iPhone app and thinking it was an ad-laden monster and deleting it. The iPad version is really quite elegant so far and seems to have a huge searchable database of recipes (don't just use their categories, try searching). The recipes tend to be from published sources--this is pretty nice. (The internet is a great thing, but when you're looking for the perfect recipe sometimes you want to filter out the results that use, for example, canned soup.) You can tag favorites and build shopping lists. Nice layout/design, no crashes. Seems ideal for kitchen use with a kickstand.

I have a feeling they'll move the ads into place soon, or do something else (it seems too good to be true for now), but I'm definitely going to keep it around till then. This will be a nice adjunct to my MacGourmet app (where I keep my personal recipes, rather than looking for new ones). Hoping for an iPad update to the MacGourmet app.

ABC Player seemed to stop crashing for me after their update.

I like this thread--I am awful at drilling down in the app store (short attention span) and more than half the apps I'm using now were stuff I never would have found on my own.

mbell75
Apr 5, 2010, 12:08 PM
The Yahoo! Entertainment app is very nice as well. I'm surprised.

Same here. Love magic piano as well and want to download that pianist pro. That element table thing looks cool but not paying $14 for it. Having an Android phone and being used to tons of great apps devs have created makes me wish Apple allowed for open source developing. I bet we would see some amazing ipad apps...

Clix Pix
Apr 5, 2010, 12:33 PM
Pianist Pro -- SUPER app!!

iBooks, although I haven't actually purchased a book yet.

iWork: Pages and Keynote (don't need Numbers)

I have the feeling that I'm going to wind up buying many more apps for the iPad than I ever did for the iPhone.....

Retops
Apr 5, 2010, 12:38 PM
One of the first applications I wanted for my IPad was a notebook program like the ones I use on my IPhone and laptops. Best I found was WhiteNote. It works very well and has capability for both text and drawings.

A great notetaking application that I am already enjoying a lot.

Mitchrapp
Apr 5, 2010, 12:45 PM
Anyone use Movies HD app? What's the purpose of that app?

firteen888
Apr 5, 2010, 12:48 PM
Check out the game GODFINGER. It's a really fun Sims style game done by the same guys who did pocket God for the iphone. And the best part? It's FREE.

SchneiderMan
Apr 5, 2010, 12:52 PM
The buggy ABC player
Weatherbug
Ebay
Twitterific

Now for paid apps i have yet to find something to buy

Surely
Apr 5, 2010, 12:57 PM
I Love Katamari is awesome on the iPad (even though it's not an official iPad or HD version). It looks just fine at 2x.

Try out the Lite version just to see how it plays......

Roy Hobbs
Apr 5, 2010, 01:08 PM

You can download translations so you can view offline

iBallz
Apr 5, 2010, 11:16 PM
Pianist Pro -- SUPER app!!

iBooks, although I haven't actually purchased a book yet.

iWork: Pages and Keynote (don't need Numbers)

I have the feeling that I'm going to wind up buying many more apps for the iPad than I ever did for the iPhone.....

Jobs was smart. This iPad is nothing more than another big funnel for the app store. $$$

H00513R
Apr 6, 2010, 07:47 AM
Abc TV-works beautifully for me
Bible-looks great
Yahoo entertainment-better than I expected it to be
USA Today-fantastic!!
We Rule HD-very cool online multiplayer game which is kinda like farmville on Facebook. Beautiful in Hi Def
Aurora Feint-looks beautiful and is a fun game
Wikipanion-super
IMDB-love it
Fluent News-nice for News
Harbor Master HD-good line drawing game
Pocket Legends for iPad-very polished MMO online game. Pretty cool
NPR-wonderful

I haven't used my $40 in iTunes cards yet, so I will edit this when I get more iPad apps

Check out the game GODFINGER. It's a really fun Sims style game done by the same guys who did pocket God for the iphone. And the best part? It's FREE.

I tried We Rule and Godfinger last night. Great stuff! I had a blast playing them. I kept getting disconnected on We Rule though which was a little annoying.

anthonymoody
Apr 6, 2010, 09:33 AM
I've been able to load iWork 08 spreadsheets without issue. Still bummed that you can't share documents via iDisk. Maybe next release?

I'm hoping the 4.0 show will also tease an updated/overhauled mobileme that will bring tight integration of iDisk with iWork and other app storage on the iPad. IOW, iDisk becomes the iPad file system.

The problem isn't getting files into most apps, it's getting files out of the apps and back into the various storage options out there - iDisk, dropbox, googledocs, etc.

dougb256
Apr 6, 2010, 09:33 AM
Jobs was smart. This iPad is way cool!

Fixed ;)

Jeremy.Gray
Apr 6, 2010, 09:34 AM
I really like Plants vs. Zombies HD, but I haven't gotten as far in that as I did on the iPhone version yet. Need for Speed Shift is a great game too. ESPN Scorecenter XL is excellent, and I use that every day for MLB and NHL scores and analysis. Mirror's Edge is a surprisingly good game, just beat that this morning, now I'm going through on speed runs. iBooks is a great app too. And so is Pages.

h00ligan
Apr 6, 2010, 10:14 AM
One of the first applications I wanted for my IPad was a notebook program like the ones I use on my IPhone and laptops. Best I found was WhiteNote. It works very well and has capability for both text and drawings.

Better than evernote (which is free)?

ClaireL
Apr 6, 2010, 10:16 AM
NFS shift hands down! Amazing game that makes me so thankful and blessed that I have this "Star Trek" device! :p

Sleazy E
Apr 6, 2010, 10:22 AM
I have been having a blast playing Words with Friends. I have about 6 different games going between friends and family.

AJsAWiz
Apr 6, 2010, 10:38 AM
I have been having a blast playing Words with Friends. I have about 6 different games going between friends and family.

I wanted one of those "word" games but couldn't decide between Words and Scrabble :confused:

AJsAWiz
Apr 6, 2010, 10:42 AM
I tried We Rule and Godfinger last night. Great stuff! I had a blast playing them. I kept getting disconnected on We Rule though which was a little annoying.

I love We Rule. Helps me with my Cafe World addiction since I can play this one on my iPad. I would like to have neighbors though :)

AJsAWiz
Apr 6, 2010, 10:45 AM

Another vote for Whitenote. It is very cool and fits all of my note taking needs :)

ClaireL
Apr 6, 2010, 11:03 AM
I love We Rule. Helps me with my Cafe World addiction since I can play this one on my iPad. I would like to have neighbors though :)

I love We Rule too especially now it's for the iPad too! Very addictive and looks great on the big iPad screen

h00ligan
Apr 6, 2010, 11:11 AM

I wouldn't consider bang for the buck to be great when it's twice the price as on other platforms at least. Or did they drop the price and I missed it? I cant wait til devs get out of lala land and back to the realm of reasonable.

h00ligan
Apr 6, 2010, 11:12 AM
I love We Rule too especially now it's for the iPad too! Very addictive and looks great on the league iPad screen

Is there a Facebook version of we rule to tempt people away from non iPad alternatives and still have a chance of growing the community?

ArcAngel66
Apr 6, 2010, 11:17 AM
I wouldn't consider bang for the buck to be great when it's twice the price as on other platforms at least. Or did they drop the price and I missed it? I cant wait til devs get out of lala land and back to the realm of reasonable.

It's 800ms points on the xbox 360... That's $10.

It's what, $20 on the Nintendo DS?

I'm was simply trying to say, that unlike some games (like Plants vs Zombies), you get the whole package here

wingnut8
Apr 6, 2010, 11:51 AM

We should make a We Rule thread to add neighbors. My username is robat19 if you want to add me.

Robin4
Apr 6, 2010, 12:07 PM
Has anybody tried MLB at bat yet? Watched any games?

Ljohnson72
Apr 6, 2010, 12:09 PM
Real Racing HD is my favorite game so far. I also love Uni Sudoku, its only $0.99 but it's definitely the best Sudoku for the iPad.

wingnut8
Apr 6, 2010, 12:10 PM
Has anybody tried MLB at bat yet? Watched any games?

I bought the season subscription last night. Looks great on the iPad. Just wish I had a way to hook it up to the TV.

Robin4
Apr 6, 2010, 12:18 PM
I bought the season subscription last night. Looks great on the iPad. Just wish I had a way to hook it up to the TV.

Thanks, I'm waiting for my 3g. A priority app. on my list.

UnstrungHarp
Apr 6, 2010, 01:36 PM
I have been too occupied with finding new apps to use any one app very long, :) but I really love Netflix and the Kindle app so far.

I keep looking at Scrabble but can't bring myself to buy any $9.99 app yet (too many good free ones!). I was hoping there would be some "lite" version or some scrabble-like game that's free or 99 cents. The funny thing is, the amount of time I have spent looking for this is worth far more than ten dollars. Anyway, if anyone knows of a free or cheap knock-off version of scrabble, let me know. Thanks!

francisq
Apr 6, 2010, 01:38 PM
Real Racing HD is my favorite game so far. I also love Uni Sudoku, its only $0.99 but it's definitely the best Sudoku for the iPad.

Absolutely. Real Racing HD is amazing!

H00513R
Apr 7, 2010, 02:28 PM

We should make a We Rule thread to add neighbors. My username is robat19 if you want to add me.

There's a thread of We Rule usernames:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=871353

Add me: H00513R

:)

SnowLeopard2008
Apr 7, 2010, 02:32 PM
GoodReader
Instapaper Pro
TweetDeck
AP News
Editor's Choice (NY Times)
Adobe Ideas
Dragon Dictation (Speech-to-text)
Voice Memos
Shazam
Netflix
QuickGraph
AirCoaster XL
Filterstorm
Beatwave
We Rule

These apps all show the iPad's potential.

stringbeanie
Apr 7, 2010, 02:37 PM
Great for any good patriotic liberal American!
Isn't that an oxymoron?
When they have FoxNews, you will see patriotism.

LordOBoogie
Apr 7, 2010, 03:37 PM
Isn't that an oxymoron?

God, I hope you are kidding. Yikes.

Dmich116
Apr 7, 2010, 03:51 PM
Isn't that an oxymoron?

:rolleyes:

JKColo22
Apr 7, 2010, 04:00 PM
NASDAQ OMX Portfolio Manager (QFolio HD for iPad) is absolutely breathtaking... and free!

WSJ is also very well done.

One of the things I like most about the iPad is that it is really great to use with another person. My GF and I have been enjoying BoardBox for playing board games on the iPad, though tutorials and implementation of logic or "rules" would be nice, but good start nonetheless.

master-ceo
Apr 7, 2010, 04:06 PM
Hands Down

Korg iElectribe
Sketchbook Pro
Air Sharing HD
Comic Zeal
Call of Duty Zombies

looking for more music and audio apps!!!!

ClaireL
Apr 7, 2010, 05:36 PM
Hands Down

Korg iElectribe
Sketchbook Pro
Air Sharing HD
Comic Zeal
Call of Duty Zombies

looking for more music and audio apps!!!!

How is COD on iPad? Worth it? It's $14.99, so I passed on it but do remember how fun it was on my touch.

glowrider
Apr 7, 2010, 05:48 PM
Sketchbook Pro is phenomenal.

Kcissem D
Apr 7, 2010, 05:57 PM
Im a app store newbie so I have not gotten to many things yet, just got the iPad a couple days ago but so far for me would be

iBooks
Netflix
Weatherbug elite
Warpgate hd

rkdiddy
Apr 7, 2010, 06:17 PM
I'm hoping the 4.0 show will also tease an updated/overhauled mobileme that will bring tight integration of iDisk with iWork and other app storage on the iPad. IOW, iDisk becomes the iPad file system.

The problem isn't getting files into most apps, it's getting files out of the apps and back into the various storage options out there - iDisk, dropbox, googledocs, etc.

Wouldn't that be nice! I know I would sign up for MobileMe tomorrow if that was the case.

rpang
Apr 7, 2010, 06:28 PM
Korg iElectribe

Its as fun as having a real drum machine... .

master-ceo
Apr 7, 2010, 06:47 PM
How is COD on iPad? Worth it? It's $14.99, so I passed on it but do remember how fun it was on my touch.

Its Nice. Probably the only game i'll own for the ipad. Worth the money, since i only had the freebie on my iphone.

master-ceo
Apr 7, 2010, 06:51 PM
Korg iElectribe

I was playing with it today. Its pretty damn fun. I'm a Hardcore MPC user, so i'm still getting used to it.

I give it a 9. Still trying to figure out if I can load my own samples, but you can most definitely make your own sounds with it. Tons of flexibility.

Star-fire
Apr 7, 2010, 06:53 PM
Korg iElectribe

Yes awesome app if Korg can add a few things like a Kaos pad like control for the effects and also being able to use more then one effect at a time it would be really cool!

ThePope43
Apr 7, 2010, 06:56 PM
I have over 200$ in iTunes cards saved up for this moment so here's what I have now, I'll use your guys recommendations, and if anyone wants me to try out an app let me know and I will. Here's what I have so far:

Evernote
Pandora
Weather HD
WhiteNoisePro
Pages
Numbers
Keynote
360Live
Photobucket
AIM
Bible
Craigsphone
eBay
eTextbooks
Gwars:Touch
iBooks
Netflix
USA TODAY
Magic Piano
FlightCtrl HD
Tap Tap Radiation
Red Alert
Worms HD
Labyrnth 2 HD

I'm still in the process of buying and trying so let me know if you want to know about a certain app I have or one I should get!

ClaireL
Apr 7, 2010, 07:07 PM
Pope, nice list! Can you please try the cheap app, Atomic Browser? It's supposed to be much better than Safari with Tabs.

ThePope43
Apr 7, 2010, 07:10 PM
That's an iPhone app...it will look...ugly....all blown up and what-not lol

phpmaven
Apr 7, 2010, 07:11 PM
I have been too occupied with finding new apps to use any one app very long, :) but I really love Netflix and the Kindle app so far.

I keep looking at Scrabble but can't bring myself to buy any $9.99 app yet (too many good free ones!). I was hoping there would be some "lite" version or some scrabble-like game that's free or 99 cents. The funny thing is, the amount of time I have spent looking for this is worth far more than ten dollars. Anyway, if anyone knows of a free or cheap knock-off version of scrabble, let me know. Thanks!

You spent $500+ on the iPad and you can't bring yourself to spend $9.99?

LOL

Scrabble is great and well worth the money.

ThePope43
Apr 7, 2010, 11:08 PM
I don't find scrabble as a very interesting game really. I probably couldn't justify paying even .99 cents for it.

I'm still looking through the store and buying apps and we'll see where some of these go. I love this thing to death!!!!!!!

Updated list:

Weather HD
WhiteNoisePro
Pages
Numbers
Keynote
360Live
Photobucket
AIM
Bible
Craigsphone
eBay
eTextbooks
Gwars:Touch
iBooks
Netflix
USA TODAY
Magic Piano
FlightCtrl HD
Tap Tap Radiation
Red Alert
Worms HD
Labyrnth 2 HD
Evermore
Pandora
DISH
Calculator
Sketchbook
LogMeIn

David.L
Apr 7, 2010, 11:28 PM
Sketchbook Pro is phenomenal.

I can't stop playing with it : )

Still can't beat real pens & markers for me, but it's a really great tool in the box!

Fakejohnsculley
Apr 7, 2010, 11:42 PM
Just downloaded Pocket Drums and Jam Pad! Both are awesome!

Mitchrapp
Apr 7, 2010, 11:48 PM

LOL

I'm the opposite. Im like I spent 700 bucks on this thing, I need to slow down. Money is not a big issue for me but I need to make sure Im going to like something before I buy it.

yyoo
Apr 8, 2010, 01:54 AM
Can't believe nobody's mentioned my favorite: "The Elements." It's absolutely stunning. A periodic table of elements with 3D animation. Jaws drop when I show it to people. I hope this is the future of electronic publishing.

Star Walk is very nice if you're an astronomy buff.

MICHAELSD
Apr 8, 2010, 01:57 AM
I'll just add Sam & Max to the similar lists. It's a console quality experience that is a good early showcase of what the iPad can do.

pixelss
Apr 8, 2010, 03:27 AM
i'm looking for a PDF reader that uses the whole screen, i have goodreader and PDFreader, but they use the iphone/ipod screen size. Any recommendation?

by the way here is my apps

Padnotes: great school..
Labyrinth 2.0 HD ( i love the graphics )
we rule
USA today

arcware
Apr 8, 2010, 04:07 AM
Can't believe nobody's mentioned my favorite: "The Elements." It's absolutely stunning. A periodic table of elements with 3D animation. Jaws drop when I show it to people. I hope this is the future of electronic publishing.

I'm new to iTunes, but it said the size of The Elements app was 1.74GB in the app store, so I didn't buy it. Does it really use that much?

macduke
Apr 8, 2010, 04:14 AM
I'm new to iTunes, but it said the size of The Elements app was 1.74GB in the app store, so I didn't buy it. Does it really use that much?

That and the $15 price is what kept me away from that app. It is a very media-rich book app. Each one of the elements has high-resolution spinning 3d models and each description page has several more 3d models that you can manipulate. At that size, its about 350mb bigger than my iPhone's Navigon app, that has maps for all of N America! Its super cool, and I'd love to have it if I had money to blow and maybe a 64gb iPad.

bsblvnv
Apr 8, 2010, 04:19 AM
My favorite is CastleCraft it's kinda a subscription based game but you can play it for free too.

jodorowsky00
Apr 8, 2010, 04:32 AM
i'm looking for a PDF reader that uses the whole screen, i have goodreader and PDFreader, but they use the iphone/ipod screen size. Any recommendation?

we rule
USA today

Comic reader mobi 13 bucks I think but very good PDF reader.

yyoo
Apr 8, 2010, 05:08 AM

Yep. And every single bit was clearly placed there with love and care by the creators of the app. The best use of 1.74 GB ever. And $13.99 very well spent.

Here's a "making of" vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHiEqf5wb3g

Liquorpuki
Apr 9, 2010, 10:26 AM
Korg iElectribe

Alright!! If Korg ported their Electribe, maybe they'll port their Kaosscilator over too!

tbayrgs
Apr 9, 2010, 10:46 AM

we rule
USA today

Get Goodreader for iPad--it's $0.99 and work great, makes use of the entire screen.

Zethca
Apr 9, 2010, 10:56 AM
Hands down Korg iElectribe.

Can't wait to see more music production utilities for iPad.

808 anyone?

AJsAWiz
Apr 9, 2010, 11:34 AM

LOL

Can you play it offline against the computer? I bought the Word game because it was only $1.99. There is no offline play and so far looks like no one cares to play it live. People go on and off during the day to play so it doesn't pay to wait on your opponent to make a move. You just need to keep checking back :( if Scrabble is different from Word in these 2 ways, I'll just buy that.

master-ceo
Apr 9, 2010, 11:37 AM
Hands down Korg iElectribe.

Can't wait to see more music production utilities for iPad.

808 anyone?

co-sign. I hope we get an app like propellerhead recycle so I can chop samples and make drum kits all day long! see pic in my sig.

mpc anyone? lol word!

master-ceo
Apr 9, 2010, 11:42 AM

invest in Air Sharing HD. Its the only pdf reader I use. I highly recommend it. Talk about power.

wingnut8
Apr 9, 2010, 12:40 PM
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.4 Mobile/7D11 Safari/531.21.10)

we rule
USA today

There is a goodreader for iPad

kultschar
Apr 9, 2010, 12:48 PM
Can anybody recommend the best weather app????

Also is my city / country supported - Stanley / Falkland Islands

The weather HD one looks stunning but maybe the pretty picture novelty wears off??

H00513R
Apr 9, 2010, 01:43 PM

The weather HD one looks stunning but maybe the pretty picture novelty wears off??

I'm not near my iPad, but the weather.com app is perfect. Easy to use and all of the information is laid out well. Plus it looks fantastic!

pooryou
Apr 9, 2010, 01:46 PM
10 Pin Shuffle is great, and universal. Highly addictive and perfectly suited to the touch interface.

Star-fire
Apr 9, 2010, 01:59 PM
10 Pin Shuffle is great, and universal. Highly addictive and perfectly suited to the touch interface.

Yes cool little game, I've had it on my iphone for ages now, also cool that they just made it universal and didn't have to pay another charge.

richimages
Apr 9, 2010, 02:04 PM
So far I like:
Bible
ABC
USA Today
Kindle

Wait til Olive Tree's free BR app comes out ... it looks sweet on the iPad! No wi-fi is needed once it is installed. As a beta tester, I can only refer to the video and just say that OT's waiting for Apple to approve it.

Loads of features:

highlighting
personal notes - with back up
bookmarks
reading plans
etc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cCNOiDCpRA

or see images:

http://blog.olivetree.com/2010/04/05/biblereader-on-ipad-sneak-peek/

gwynne
Apr 9, 2010, 02:07 PM
As much as I hate to admit it, I'm addicted to this stupid little free Celebrity Gossip app. It's not that attractive, but it gets the job done and provides a near-endless stream of trashy, grocery-store-checkout showbiz gossip from all over the web.

Yeah, I have no shame whatsoever. Sometimes you really need to kill five minutes.

undrpsi
Apr 9, 2010, 02:24 PM

ClaireL,

It's 'meh'...I can't use the onscreen joysticks very well...not hard points or tactile feedback. I got it when it first came out for iPhone (free). The graphics are pretty good for a small app.

They have the COD: Zombies out now...but have't messed with it..since I sucked so hard at the original.

Now, if we were talking COD on the XBOX :cool:
MW2 5th Level Prestige Level 70
Silenced M16 and AT4 are my little friends :rolleyes:
My favorite matches : HC-TDM
My clan tag : OTC (Old Timers Clan)
My motto : "If we play I might not win..but you'll know you've been kissed -
Noobtoobers suck pipe" :eek:

Surely
Apr 9, 2010, 02:37 PM
I just tried out Red Block Remover 2 HD (the dev posted a few codes somewhere), and it's really nice. A very simple game (at least to start) that gets more difficult as you play. The graphics are very simple. It's a good physics puzzler. I would have paid for it....

ClaireL
Apr 9, 2010, 06:07 PM
As much as I hate to admit it, I'm addicted to this stupid little free Celebrity Gossip app. It's not that attractive, but it gets the job done and provides a near-endless stream of trashy, grocery-store-checkout showbiz gossip from all over the web.

Yeah, I have no shame whatsoever. Sometimes you really need to kill five minutes.

Lol, I will check it out myself

AJsAWiz
Apr 9, 2010, 06:34 PM
I like Text+
It's free and enables unlimited text messaging right from my iPad :D

AJsAWiz
Apr 9, 2010, 06:44 PM

Just installed it. Yep, I agree. LOL
It's a keeper ;)

ClaireL
Apr 9, 2010, 08:41 PM
Just installed it. Yep, I agree. LOL
It's a keeper ;)

I agree! It's like a glossy magazine packed with tons of beautiful pics and the latest happenings. Gotta love it.

AJsAWiz
Apr 9, 2010, 09:17 PM
Great thread! I hope they sticky it :D

gwynne
Apr 9, 2010, 09:24 PM
There's a separate thread about this, but posting in this thread for posterity: Air Video has been updated to universal. This is a great three buck app that allows you to stream almost any kind of video from your desktop machine.

Ping Guo
Apr 9, 2010, 10:35 PM
Isn't that an oxymoron?

I'd say FoxNews is the oxymoron, whereas FauxNews viewers are more your garden-variety morons. :p

kirchnrd
Apr 9, 2010, 10:57 PM
I like this thread--I am awful at drilling down in the app store (short attention span) and more than half the apps I'm using now were stuff I never would have found on my own.

Check out appshopper.com. It is a life saver while trying to keep up with the iPad apps.

boatski
Apr 10, 2010, 08:09 AM

The weatherbug elite app is kinda cool

AJsAWiz
Apr 10, 2010, 08:25 AM
Check out appshopper.com. It is a life saver while trying to keep up with the iPad apps.

I agree! I bookmarked it to my home screen :)

AJsAWiz
Apr 10, 2010, 08:59 AM
We Rule newbie question:
Do you need to wait for an invitation to visit a friend's kingdom?
I don't see anyone's kingdom on my "social" map :confused:

Figured this out . . . Never mind :)

BTW, this is a cool game. Anyone who likes Cafe World or Farmville would probably like We Rule :D

ClaireL
Apr 10, 2010, 05:42 PM
This app has just been released and until a Pandora Box or AppSniper HD/XL version comes along, "App Deals" will help. App Deals is free and it tells which iPad apps are on sale or have dropped down to Free.

I still use the excellent AppShopper site but App Deals looks nice

http://appshopper.com/news/appdeals-for-ipad

master-ceo
Apr 11, 2010, 07:13 PM
OMG. If DJ's don't jump on these. lol
I was in the lab today looking for more music apps and ran into BabyScratch!
Cool app. The sounds are amazing. Old School.

The dev has another one that lets you load your own sounds called FlareScratch, but the skin is butt ugly.

An iPad ready version with a Technic 1200 Skin would be really nice to have in the studio!
http://i41.tinypic.com/1qia81.jpg

autopsytheclown
Apr 11, 2010, 07:45 PM
Virtual Pool HD is great on the iPad. The price is only 2.99 as well which you can't beat.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/virtual-pool-hd/id364900979?mt=8

AJsAWiz
Apr 11, 2010, 08:59 PM
This app has just been released and until a Pandora Box or AppSniper HD/XL version comes along, "App Deals" will help. App Deals is free and it tells which iPad apps are on sale or have dropped down to Free.

I still use the excellent AppShopper site but App Deals looks nice

http://appshopper.com/news/appdeals-for-ipad

Bad link but thanks for the heads up on AppDeals

TypeMRT
Apr 11, 2010, 11:26 PM

I just use the iPhone version that I bought over a year ago in 2x mode since it's cheaper and runs on both just fine.

mmacc
Apr 12, 2010, 01:53 AM
As far as a simple and old time favorite you can't beat "Extreme Hangman for the iPad".

Simgar988
Apr 12, 2010, 02:36 AM
ClaireL,

It's 'meh'...I can't use the onscreen joysticks very well...not hard points or tactile feedback. I got it when it first came out for iPhone (free). The graphics are pretty good for a small app.

They have the COD: Zombies out now...but have't messed with it..since I sucked so hard at the original.

Now, if we were talking COD on the XBOX :cool:
MW2 5th Level Prestige Level 70
Silenced M16 and AT4 are my little friends :rolleyes:
My favorite matches : HC-TDM
My clan tag : OTC (Old Timers Clan)
My motto : "If we play I might not win..but you'll know you've been kissed -
Noobtoobers suck pipe" :eek:

shux you flirt

master-ceo
Apr 12, 2010, 09:15 AM
BeatWave
Mad Fun for a Free App that is iPad Ready. Enjoy.
http://appshopper.com/music/beatwave
http://a1.phobos.apple.com/us/r30/Purple/c9/20/ac/mzl.hyktavle.320x480-75.jpg

RawBert
Apr 12, 2010, 10:20 AM
My favs:

MiniGore
AirVideo
YouTubeReuters News Pro
Yahoo! Entertainment
Real Racing HD
Super MonkeyBall
iPity (iPod App)
Pro Keys
Art Studio
Implode!

The dev has another one that lets you load your own sounds called FlareScratch, but the skin is butt ugly.

An iPad ready version with a Technic 1200 Skin would be really nice to have in the studio!

Yes! That app is bad ass. My friend at work can't put it down.

gwynne
Apr 12, 2010, 04:11 PM
For those of you who like the free entertainment apps like Yahoo Entertainment, check out the new "EW's Must List" app released today (Free):

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id364294739?mt=8

It's got entertainment stuff, and an obligatory iPad mini-article, and a cute way of tagging items you like. This looks like it'll be a good "Showing off the iPad" app.

Highlights:

- Updated every Friday with 10 new picks
- Sort by category and review picks from the previous four weeks
- Sample and buy music, videos, and apps from iTunes
- Stream HD movie trailers from Apple
- Click to visit your favorite websites to buy e-books, movie tickets and more
- Save favorite items to your personal Must List
- Read related articles from EW.com

xraydoc
Apr 12, 2010, 04:28 PM

A Zip disk!? Talk about old school. And right next to an iPad.

ClaireL
Apr 12, 2010, 04:39 PM
This is an addicting Free App called Deep and is Free for one week, so check it out. It is for the iPhone/touch BUT when I doubled the graphics it looks just fine and is fun. You have to move your iPad so your character who is falling down a deep hole or well, doesn't hit the walls or obstacles causing him to die You can try to get him to touch coins as he falls for points.

iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=330537786&mt=8&uo=6

Sleazy E
Apr 12, 2010, 04:58 PM
bought Scrabble this weekend and played it with my girlfriend using the iPhone tile racks. Very cool app! I got $10 worth of fun out of it over the weekend alone. Will be cool bringing it to my family's house this weekend and showing it off.

One gripe about the Scrabble app is the lack of online multiplayer. Words With Friends is an amazing app because of it... not sure why Scrabble is lacking this ability. It makes it from being a perfect app.

master-ceo
Apr 13, 2010, 08:54 PM
Browse 2 websites @ once with Duo Browser!
Feels like I got dual 10" monitors :cool:
http://blumedialab.com/products/apple-iphone-apps/duo-browser-ipad.htm

A Zip disk!? Talk about old school. And right next to an iPad.

That's for them old school drum machines I use daily ;)

ClaireL
Apr 14, 2010, 10:17 AM
Ok, I got a promo code for this app called 15 in1 Slingshot HD not expecting much but surprisingly, it's one of my fav games now. You get 15 games like basketball, Asteroids, Duck shoot, shooting down fighter jets (love the fiery explosions) etc and it's pretty fun.

It's only .99 and here is the link http://appshopper.com/games/arcade-15in1-slingshot-hd

Surely
Apr 14, 2010, 07:11 PM
Here's a killer notes app:

Search the store for School Notes Pro

It's free right now, so get it while it's hot.....

Tech-Boy
Apr 14, 2010, 07:21 PM
AIR VIDEO! If there is one app you must buy it is this one! Everything works perfectly and has saved me $200, because I don't need to buy an 64gb or 32gb iPad, as there is no more point for me. Since I can use Air Video for watching movies.

francisq
Apr 14, 2010, 07:22 PM
Zinio looks really nice too

AJsAWiz
Apr 14, 2010, 07:39 PM
Here's a killer notes app:

Search the store for School Notes Pro

It's free right now, so get it while it's hot.....

You're right it IS cool. Too bad I have no need for it.
Great app for students though :)

ciaran00
Apr 14, 2010, 07:42 PM

Have you tried Downloader?
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/downloader-download-view-share/id318884764?mt=8
Let's you download and edit in iWork...

It's not a complete solution, but it's getting there.

AJsAWiz
Apr 14, 2010, 07:42 PM
bought Scrabble this weekend and played it with my girlfriend using the iPhone tile racks. Very cool app! I got $10 worth of fun out of it over the weekend alone. Will be cool bringing it to my family's house this weekend and showing it off.

One gripe about the Scrabble app is the lack of online multiplayer. Words With Friends is an amazing app because of it... not sure why Scrabble is lacking this ability. It makes it from being a perfect app.

I bought Words with Friends. Playing with strangers who take days to make a move or finish a game isn't too much fun. I'm playing with someone now on a game that started over a week ago. 22 letters left and painfully counting down the time.
I might get Scrabble and play against the computer or friends.

pooryou
Apr 14, 2010, 07:53 PM
I bought Words with Friends. Playing with strangers who take days to make a move or finish a game isn't too much fun. I'm playing with someone now on a game that started over a week ago. 22 letters left and painfully counting down the time.

Wow, that does sound like a terrible idea. Won't be buying that one, thanks.

Fireproof!
Apr 14, 2010, 08:19 PM

Do you not have friends with iPhones? I haven't played a stranger yet. But I have 8 games going with friends and family and we make a few moves each day in each game. Keeps it fun and lively.

pooryou
Apr 14, 2010, 08:34 PM
It's not about friends vs. strangers for me, it just sounds about as interesting as watching paint dry. To each their own.

Surely
Apr 14, 2010, 08:56 PM
You're right it IS cool. Too bad I have no need for it.
Great app for students though :)

Well.... don't pigeon-hole it just because it has the word "School" in the title.

I'm not a student, and I can see it coming in handy for various tasks, research, lists, etc.

diabolic
Apr 14, 2010, 08:56 PM

Scrabble will let you play online with Facebook friends. It works very well.

WilliamG
Apr 14, 2010, 09:22 PM

Words with Friends is my favorite game on the iPhone and also on the iPad. You just need to invite more people to more games so you can have quite a few going concurrently. I'm lucky enough that a lot of my friends and my dad and my brother also play the game, so I always have moves to play!

Also highly recommend Geometry Wars and Zen Bound 2. Gorgeous games.

Sleazy E
Apr 14, 2010, 10:33 PM
Scrabble will let you play online with Facebook friends. It works very well.

But I want to play vs people with ipads or iPhones. Im not much of an avid Facebook user.

ClaireL
Apr 15, 2010, 10:16 PM
I am now officially in LOVE with Air Video for iPad!!!! It literally took me like 4 minutes to get set up and stream one of my movies From my laptop to my iPad with only 15 seconds of loading. The movie played perfectly. I only have 16 gb on my iPad so this Air Video app is a Godsend. One of the best apps ever.

AJsAWiz
Apr 15, 2010, 10:38 PM
Words with Friends is my favorite game on the iPhone and also on the iPad. You just need to invite more people to more games so you can have quite a few going concurrently. I'm lucky enough that a lot of my friends and my dad and my brother also play the game, so I always have moves to play!

Also highly recommend Geometry Wars and Zen Bound 2. Gorgeous games.

Guess it makes sense. I just don't know anyone with Words with Friends to play with. I have multiple games going on but still with strangers :o
I'll check out your recommendations. Thanks :)

It's not about friends vs. strangers for me, it just sounds about as interesting as watching paint dry. To each their own.

LOL

Do you not have friends with iPhones? I haven't played a stranger yet. But I have 8 games going with friends and family and we make a few moves each day in each game. Keeps it fun and lively.

Actually I only know two people who own iPhones and neither of them play games. Sounds like you're having a ball though :)

wingnut8
Apr 15, 2010, 10:43 PM
I've been holding off on games to see if the prices dropped. I really want PVZ and I'm about to give in and buy it since it hasn't dropped yet. I'm sure once I buy it it will go down to 4.99.

Surely
Apr 15, 2010, 11:01 PM
I've been holding off on games to see if the prices dropped. I really want PVZ and I'm about to give in and buy it since it hasn't dropped yet. I'm sure once I buy it it will go down to 4.99.

I sort of have as well...... but really, I've been so busy entertaining myself with all of the other functions, that I haven't really had time to play many games anyway!:D

ClaireL
Apr 16, 2010, 09:02 AM
Shrek Kart HD is out $6.99

Description:
The popular Shrek Kart® game is now on the iPad for even more ogre-the-top racing action!
Vie for the title of Kingdom's Fastest Kart Racer as you speed through HD environments throughout Far Far Away and beyond in highly-detailed karts! Check out the new iPad features like the redesigned mini-map and new customizable interface!
*** "It certainly delivers all of the excitement and fun that you'd expect from the genre with its massive amounts of game play, cool power-ups and clever tracks." - Wireless Gaming World Review (4/4)
---------------------------------------
All is fair(y) in this twisted tournament tale:

iTunes Link:http://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/shrek-kart-hd/id367340591?mt=8

If anyone gets this, let me know if it plays better than the iPhone/iTouch version.

SteveSparks
Apr 16, 2010, 09:43 AM

I use the ESV Study Bible that I purchased via Kindle Store. VERY Nice. I just wish there was a better search for chapter and verse.

RawBert
Apr 16, 2010, 02:34 PM
Cool BLACKJACK/Tug-of War game with a dark twist: Battle of the Block

Cool music. Nice animations. Best of all it's free. Give it a shot. :cool:

RawBert
Apr 16, 2010, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBallz View Post

I use the ESV Study Bible that I purchased via Kindle Store. VERY Nice. I just wish there was a better search for chapter and verse.

You can also get the one from the iBooks Store, it's free. I got the King James one, but there are a lot more versions. It's the full thing (14,500 pages). No wifi needed after you get it.

Now, if only I would actually read it.

francisq
Apr 16, 2010, 02:54 PM
I am now officially in LOVE with Air Video for iPad!!!! It literally took me like 4 minutes to get set up and stream one of my movies From my laptop to my iPad with only 15 seconds of loading. The movie played perfectly. I only have 16 gb on my iPad so this Air Video app is a Godsend. One of the best apps ever.

gotta try Air Video later tonight :)

ClaireL
Apr 16, 2010, 04:30 PM
You can also get the one from the iBooks Store, it's free. I got the King James one, but there are a lot more versions. It's the full thing (6,500 pages). No wifi needed after you get it.

Now, if only I would actually read it.

I didn't know about the free iBooks KJ Bible, thank you for heads up. :)

ClaireL
Apr 16, 2010, 05:17 PM
gotta try Air Video later tonight :)

Here is a link to a good review of Air Video on the iPad. Btw, there is a Free version so you can try it out before you buy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z68nlPZKJ5c&sns=em

ClaireL
Apr 16, 2010, 10:37 PM
iFish Pond HD is like a mix of Koi Pond and a fishing game. Love the gorgeous graphics and the fishing.
http://appshopper.com/link/ifish-pond-hd

NOTE: To cast and hook, physically jerk the iPad like it's a real fishing rod.

Immerse yourself in an entirely new pond experience. Listen to the soothing forest ambience. Drag your fingers across the water and see the ripples bounce up and down. Flick your wrist to cast the rod. Keep your eye on the bobber. Watch the fish nibble. Quick! Pull back to hook it! Reel it in and admire your catch. Catch enough and you'll unlock fantastic interactive creatures. Don't feel like fishing? Put the rod away and just enjoy the sounds and play with the pond life. Touch twice to feed the koi. Everything is beautifully rendered to provide a fully realistic setting.

Features:
- The best interactive water effects to date
- Fully interactive fish
- Fishing!
- Multiple unlocks and records
- Stereo sound effects (use headphones for full immersion)
- Four different settings including ambient background noises

From the makers of the smash hits iFish, iHunt, and iHunt 3D comes a brand new fishing experience for the iPad.

paulisme
Apr 16, 2010, 10:59 PM
But I want to play vs people with ipads or iPhones. Im not much of an avid Facebook user.

You can play other people with iPads and iPhones; Facebook is just the conduit for finding players. You can sign up for Facebook and only use it to play Scrabble on your iPad.

master-ceo
Apr 17, 2010, 11:16 AM
So Far for me:

iTap RDP

Works a Charm and FAST. Streams Sound/Video to the iPad and the whole 9. .mp3 and .wav stream almost flawless.

http://i44.tinypic.com/oap06g.jpg

ClaireL
Apr 20, 2010, 10:28 PM
I wanna give everyone a heads up on good apps and good deals as well.

Baseball Fever HD-FREE 3D Casual baseball game with different stadiums http://appshopper.com/link/baseball-fever-hd

War Chess HD-FREE 3D Chess game with Animated Battle sequences
http://appshopper.com/link/warchess-hd

Cocoto Kart HD-ON SALE .99!!! Miles better than Shrek Kart HD, very cute characters, Beautiful graphics with great tracks and a real sense of speed. A MUST BUY if you like racing and even if you don't. At this price, it's a steal!!
http://appshopper.com/link/cocoto-kart-online

Whorehay
Apr 20, 2010, 11:42 PM

Baseball Fever HD-FREE 3D Casual baseball game with different stadiums http://appshopper.com/link/baseball-fever-hd

Cocoto Kart HD-ON SALE .99!!! Miles better than Shrek Kart HD, very cute characters, Beautiful graphics with great tracks and a real sense of speed. A MUST BUY if you like racing and even if you don't. At this price, it's a steal!!

Cocoto looks like it's still 2.99 here :(

stagi
Apr 20, 2010, 11:47 PM
Asphalt 5 has been pretty fun, just got it yesterday. That and harbor master my fav games right now

ClaireL
Apr 21, 2010, 12:51 AM
Cocoto looks like it's still 2.99 here :(

Where are you from? At the time of posting that, it was still .99 in the US. I just checked and it's still on sale in the US app store but I guess not outside of the states.

Soura2112
Apr 21, 2010, 03:22 AM
I keep looking at the apps, and downloading some as I await my 3G.
I would like to know the best App to get into my laptop, and G5, also anything to do with video streaming. I plan to be a little better wit apps then with my iPhone, I downloaded every app at the start and have way to many.

SteveSparks
Apr 21, 2010, 07:32 AM
I wanted one of those "word" games but couldn't decide between Words and Scrabble :confused:

My wife and I love words with friends. Almost all her family has it on there phones and we play all the time...

stagi
Apr 21, 2010, 02:34 PM
I created a list of my top iPad apps here with some notes
http://www.appolicious.com/curated-apps/370-must-have-ipad-apps

gillybean
Apr 21, 2010, 02:47 PM
I created a list of my top iPad apps here with some notes
http://www.appolicious.com/curated-apps/370-must-have-ipad-apps

LightTrac looks interesting. Do you use it before or during the shoot?

I think I already posted in this topic earlier, but my favorite Apps at the moment are LogMeIn and Air Video.

Lamonster
Apr 21, 2010, 04:39 PM
Got my iphone apps on my ipad now and my favorite app looks great on the ipad. SmackTalk :D

ClaireL
Apr 22, 2010, 04:29 PM
Tilt HD: Flip's Adventure in 1.5 Dimensions
was $4.99 but FREE for Today (Earth Day) only. Man this game is cute, love the graphics and it's unique.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tilt-hd-flips-adventure-in/id364858679?mt=8

http://a1.phobos.apple.com/us/r1000/004/Purple/62/ac/e3/mzl.kqffidmr.480x480-75.jpg

Surely
Apr 22, 2010, 04:35 PM
The Pinball HD is out. It's pretty awesome. I played it for a while last night.....

I've been waiting for this game for the iPad.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-pinball-hd/id363592836?mt=8

OasisNYK
Apr 22, 2010, 04:40 PM
Just opened up my 64 gig - love it!!!

Favorite apps so far are eTrade, abc, and NPR. I will test out more and see what else i like.

Compile 'em all
Apr 23, 2010, 08:26 AM
I thought I would kickstart this very much needed threaded that will hopefully serve as an informative thread about good apps for the iPad. I know that there are already some threads around but they either got derailed, got less active (aka disappeared),

If you got an app that you think is worth mentioning please do, briefly explaining what it does and why you think it is good so others reading the thread get an idea. Also feel free to discuss your favorite apps, ask for opinions about a specific app...etc.

Mjmar
Apr 23, 2010, 08:30 AM
The Yahoo Entertainment app has great videos, news and comics... But the interface is what really puts it in a league of it's own. Highly recommended.

r0k
Apr 23, 2010, 08:31 AM
First and foremost in this thread should go Goodreader.

It allows you to view pdf's. I know. Yawn.

But it also allows you to connect to servers using webdav and ftp and retrieve files to open on your iPad. It adds "open with goodreader" to the list of options for email attachments. It allows you to send files via email. It allows you to start a "server" on your iPad so you can drag and drop files to or from your iPad via wifi from another computer. It allows you to manage files within Goodreader's own space. This is a limitation for ALL iPad apps at this time. Goodreader only costs $1 and pretty much does everything more expensive apps like Air Sharing HD do.

The first app you should get for your new iPad is Goodreader.

tigres
Apr 23, 2010, 08:38 AM

But it also allows you to connect to servers using webdav and ftp and retrieve files to open on your iPad. It adds "open with goodreader" to the list of options for email attachments. It allows you to send files via email. It allows you to start a "server" on your iPad so you can drag and drop files to or from your iPad via wifi from another computer. It allows you to manage files within Goodreader's own space. This is a limitation for ALL iPad apps at this time. Goodreader only costs $1 and pretty much does everything more expensive apps like Air Sharing HD do.

The first app you should get for your new iPad is Goodreader.

Doesn't Readdledocs do the same thing? I don't know just asking. I have it for iPhone. Thx

thornguy
Apr 23, 2010, 08:38 AM
+1 Goodreader. Make sure you get the iPad version though

Have list
Netflix
ABC
IMDB
Alice in Wonderland Lite free version of the book

Just got my iPad yesterday, hope to see others post here.

zerolight
Apr 23, 2010, 08:42 AM
I'm a big fan of Readdledocs. The iPad version of IMDB is very slick too. I absolutely love Air Video. Twittelator iPad is very good - though I'm not entirely convinced on it's new UI, but I like the way it handles embedded pics in tweets.

In terms of games: Flight Control HD, Harbour Master HD, Geometry Wars, Tap Tap Radiation, Cogs HD, Virtual Pool, are all great.

master-ceo
Apr 23, 2010, 08:44 AM
Why don't the MODS just sticky this thread? Please.

r0k
Apr 23, 2010, 08:54 AM

The first app you should get for your new iPad is Goodreader.Doesn't Readdledocs do the same thing? I don't know just asking. I have it for iPhone. Thx

I have heard Readledocs does what Goodreader does but I have not tried it. Doesn't Readledocs cost more?

BTW, I also paid separately for goodreader for my iPad. They want you to pay extra for ftp and again for google docs so I held off on that. I plan to use my iTouch as an iPad backup when I need to make sure I have a document with me in pdf format so that's why I coughed up the extra buck for goodreader on the iTouch.

zerolight
Apr 23, 2010, 09:41 AM
I have heard Readledocs does what Goodreader does but I have not tried it. Doesn't Readledocs cost more?

BTW, I also paid separately for goodreader for my iPad. They want you to pay extra for ftp and again for google docs so I held off on that. I plan to use my iTouch as an iPad backup when I need to make sure I have a document with me in pdf format so that's why I coughed up the extra buck for goodreader on the iTouch.

ReaddleDocs does much the same thing. I prefer the RD user interface. I think RD has more server options - as well as WebDAV and FTP, it connects to DropBox, Readdle (they give you 500mb for free), iDisk, Google Docs, Box.Net, MyDisk, and FilesAnywhere.

The other nifty feature is that it makes use of the iPad USB file sharing feature. Connect it to your Mac and click on one of the tabs on your iPad in iTunes and you get a list of Apps that can share files over USB, including ReaddleDocs. You can then drag files to and from Readdle over USB2 - much quicker than over Wifi.

tigres
Apr 23, 2010, 10:10 AM
ReaddleDocs does much the same thing. I prefer the RD user interface. I think RD has more server options - as well as WebDAV and FTP, it connects to DropBox, Readdle (they give you 500mb for free), iDisk, Google Docs, Box.Net, MyDisk, and FilesAnywhere.

The other nifty feature is that it makes use of the iPad USB file sharing feature. Connect it to your Mac and click on one of the tabs on your iPad in iTunes and you get a list of Apps that can share files over USB, including ReaddleDocs. You can then drag files to and from Readdle over USB2 - much quicker than over Wifi.

+1.

I use Readdledocs as my primary pipe into my office server that has a hosted scan folder from my corp scanner for customers.

It's great because I can connect via the program to any scanned document live (SBS 2003/default web hosting) and look at any item, save it- and then shoot it to anyone via email.

I use to have to call my office, have them e-mail it to me, and then send it along.

Pretty nifty. Just wish it had Exchange integration; which it does not (I cannot use the imap feature).

sportdan31
Apr 23, 2010, 01:09 PM
I saw a couple people recommended School Notes, but are there any good Office Notes apps? I'd like to have an excuse to bring the Ipad to work! :)

Thanks.

r0k
Apr 23, 2010, 02:13 PM
I saw a couple people recommended School Notes, but are there any good Office Notes apps? I'd like to have an excuse to bring the Ipad to work! :)

Thanks.

The app is still free and is now called Sundry Notes now and is every bit as suitable for office use as in a class lecture or a block club meeting.

There is also Pages. I used Pages for taking notes and it works fairly well but I like Sundry Notes better. I also used the built in memos app. If I'm in a meeting dealing mostly with numbers, like a budget meeting, I use Numbers.

I haven't purchased Keynote yet, but when I run across a need I will buy it. I'm very impressed with Numbers and Pages.

RawBert
Apr 23, 2010, 04:36 PM
The Pinball HD is out. It's pretty awesome. I played it for a while last night.....

I've been waiting for this game for the iPad.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-pinball-hd/id363592836?mt=8

Hell YES!

Here's (http://ipad.freeappalert.com/) a good site that list daily updates on free iPad and iPod/iPhone apps. (free app alert)

Cheffy Dave
Apr 23, 2010, 04:53 PM
Netflix,Penultimate,Star Walk, and my Fav, Twit Pad,with Leo LaPorte:eek:

h00ligan
Apr 23, 2010, 05:33 PM

Wow, The first two are absolute garbage. If they are the definition of good i am glad i didn't spend money on the third! Seriously, not even worth a free download, awful lag, horrible collision detection, long load times, upscaled subpar gfx..just, awful.

ClaireL
Apr 23, 2010, 05:51 PM
Wow, The first two are absolute garbage. If they are the definition of good i am glad i didn't spend money on the third! Seriously, not even worth a free download, awful lag, horrible collision detection, long load times, upscaled subpar gfx..just, awful.

I like War Chess but the Baseball one was awful. Cocoto Kart is effin awesome

Soulcrux
Apr 23, 2010, 05:57 PM
Did Penultimate used to have another name? It's in my apps on iTunes but i never remember buying it nor do i have any record in my receipts :confused:

Advil
Apr 25, 2010, 11:28 AM
I'm loving star walk, godfinger, USA today and netflix right now!

MiguelS
Apr 25, 2010, 10:46 PM
Wow....good thread...

Just DL'd 29 apps...only two that I have purchased (Goodreader and Pinball HD)

I am debating on NFS or Real Racing.

Now I just have to wait for Friday.

Bump for a sticky.

ClaireL
Apr 25, 2010, 11:14 PM
This is not a fav app but rather a heads up for any Linkin Park fans, an iPad version of 8-Bit Rebellion is out. If this was 10 years ago, I would have been all over this game, but times change. :) anyway From AppShopper:

Fight the forces of evil to unlock a BRAND NEW, EXCLUSIVE song by Linkin Park!

Many years ago, the world existed in 8-bit harmony…until PixxelKorp arrived. Now technological advancement dominates, and evil reigns supreme. A mass-brainwashing campaign has taken over and is turning the world into a high-res nightmare. A rebellion is rising, and Linkin Park is calling on YOU to lead the fight against PixxelKorp.

From the imagination of Linkin Park comes 8-Bit Rebellion, the only iPhone game that turns Linkin Park’s world into your gaming reality.

Take on action-packed missions as you fight your way through 6 Linkin Park-themed districts. Customize your own apartment and connect with friends in a massively multiplayer experience. Most importantly, recover all of the lost Linkin Park tracks to score exclusive access to an unreleased song!

Game Features:

- Enjoy 8 Linkin Park tracks in their original and 8-bit forms, including “New Divide”, “In The End,” and “Crawling”

- Explore uniquely-themed districts designed for each band member, with characters and items designed by the band themselves

- Create and customize your own avatar in 8-bit or high-res designs

- Decorate your own, personal space

- Equip yourself with an array of devastating weapons and engage in intense boss battles that will put your skills to the challenge!

- Receive mission objectives straight from the band members

- Connect with Facebook to find friends, and post updates to your wall and Twitter accounts

- Compare your rebellion points with other players on the global leaderboard!

http://a1.phobos.apple.com/us/r30/Purple/bb/d5/3e/mzl.jngezzzv.480x480-75.jpg

gillybean
Apr 26, 2010, 01:11 AM
Here's what I'm at atm:

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/5071/60592792.png

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/255/49770657.png

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8429/76032575.png

Surely
Apr 26, 2010, 01:52 AM
^^^^^^Please use TIMG tags for your images. They're unnecessarily big.

gillybean
Apr 26, 2010, 01:57 AM
^^^^^^Please use TIMG tags for your images. They're unnecessarily big.

Just edited them in. Didn't know about TIMG.

AIRniloc
Apr 26, 2010, 05:03 AM
My favorite apps after 3 weeks with the iPad:

Air video
Comic zeal
Evernote

Geometry wars
Galcon fusion
Shredder (chess)
Handy chess (FICS client for iPhone)
Soosiz HD
God finger
Tap tap radiation
Simpsons arcade game (iPhone app)
Zombie smash (iPhone app)

ClaireL
Apr 26, 2010, 09:48 AM
Inotia 2 is the best looking iphone game by far on the ipad and almost could pass for an ipad version. It is one of my fav apps.

pooryou
Apr 26, 2010, 11:18 AM
Monster Pinball looks and plays good on the iPad even though it's an iPhone game. Seems like some iPhone apps are better on the iPad than others.

master-ceo
Apr 29, 2010, 09:05 AM
Downloader - Download, View, and Share Files from the Web

I love this app. I downloaded some .rar/.zip files and was able to open and manage them with ease.
Goes in my top 10 Must Have app list.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/downloader-download-view-share/id318884764?mt=8

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

arcsbite
Apr 29, 2010, 10:54 AM
I've managed to spend more on apps than my iPad, case and keyboard combined!

my current favs are

Air Video - amazing, can't believe it's so cheap, and universal too!

Air Photo - as above only with Photos, great to be able to share my entireiPhoto lib without needing a 200gb iPad

implode! XL - ohmygod....blowing ***** up...much fun

Logmein - I forget everything, so this is awesome

Newsrack - loving this rss client, loved on iPhone, love it on iPad

Plants vs Zombies HD - never played it, saw it for iPad, gave it a go...addicted.

aSleepHD - love the sounds to sleep to

Most wanted

Facebook - tried alternatives and safari is great but I miss a dedicated app

Something to stream my music, tried simplify on my iPhone but it was a resource hog

and, anything that I can use to upload multiple pics to Mobileme/ftp without the issue of having to import images from the photo library into app one at once

wickersty
May 2, 2010, 10:38 AM
Hey all,

I was wondering what everyone's favorite, most usefull iPad app is. I'm talking not-a-game here.

gillybean
May 2, 2010, 10:40 AM
Safari?

markosb
May 2, 2010, 10:41 AM
GoodReader, its a do all without complaining kind of app. iAnnotate and Numbers would be 2nd and 3rd respectively.

sassenach74
May 2, 2010, 11:02 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Edit: Ok, it's another "what's your fav app" thread.

master-ceo
May 2, 2010, 11:13 AM
My Top 5

iTap RDP - Remote Desk Top
Air Sharing HD - Almost the same as Goodreader, but I like HD better
FileBrowser- Browse,Play,View, Files On Your Network
Downloader - Fast no tab Browsing, Download and open Archives like .zp, .rar
Photogene - Best Picture Editor IMO

dionnfr
May 2, 2010, 11:21 AM
My favorite APP is Logmein. This allows me to use my IPAD for business travel.. I can access my files if I don't have them, allows me to fill in important corporate forms and email to my company. This App dose everything I need it to do.

iBallz
May 2, 2010, 11:37 PM
Pool pro 3, I think it was free the other day and awesome on the iPad, fun playing 9 ball with others on line.

wombat888
May 3, 2010, 01:01 AM
I don't have an iPhone and I don't use many apps on my iPod touch, so some of this will sound obvious or quaint to you guys. But my favorites so far:

Atomic browser
Netflix !!! can't believe how well it works even via 3g
SoundHound - integration with iTunes library is cool
Civ Revolutions
Kindle
Zinio
AIM (includes facebook chat along with AIM buddy list)

fpnc
May 3, 2010, 04:54 AM
I've been using StreamToMe to get streaming video/audio from my Mac to my iPhone and just recently I tried the iPad optimized version of same on my iPad 3G. StreamToMe seems to work very well on my iPad, very stable (not a single crash or significant problem) and the video quality over WiFi is certainly good but not great (more on that later).

I've also noticed a lot of recommendations for the AirVideo application in this thread so today I downloaded the free version (i.e. "AirVideoFree") and tried that on my iPad. AirVideo has a nice interface and the server seems to set itself up without any user interaction (that's nice) but in comparison to StreamToMe (and in my hands) AirVideo seems somewhat unstable. The video scrubbing feature seems to give the app all kinds of random fits (video will sometimes stop and it won't start again unless you exit playback and try playing the same video again).

However, AirVideo has one feature that allows it to deliver video that looks much better than StreamToMe -- AirVideo can stream content without conversion if the video is already in a format that is supported on the iPad. Furthermore, since there is no conversion this puts very little load on the computer that is sending the stream to the iPad (or at least that seems to be the case on my Mac Pro running Snow Leopard, however, on a G4 Mac mini running Leopard even when I've selected the no conversion option the Mac mini is maxed out on the CPU and the video takes a very long time to start playback). Unfortunately, even on the Mac Pro when I used the "no conversion" mode the AirVideo app still seemed somewhat unstable (when playing some HD files it even crashed).

In any case, AirVideo also has a "live" conversion option (converts video on the fly) which functions much like StreamToMe and this actually seemed to be the most stable mode within AirVideo. In fact, if AirVideo was as stable as StreamToMe it would probably be my choice between the two (particularly given the no conversion feature).

However, if StreamToMe offered a no conversion mode then it would almost certainly be my choice between the two. The StreamToMe web site says that it has a new version of the app awaiting approval from Apple that will offer additional options for streaming rates (probably higher quality). Furthermore, StreamToMe has some features that aren't in AirVideo. First, StreamToMe can output video from the iPhone/iPad dock connector so you can connect the iPad to a big screen TV (I used the iPad's 480p component out to view the video on an HDTV). Also, StreamToMe can operate in both landscape and portrait orientation (auto-switches when you rotate the iPod). AirVideo has neither of those features, it doesn't appear to support video out and it is a landscape only app.

To pick between the two, it's a little tough right now. But, at present I think I'd have to give the nod to StreamToMe (however, it's Mac only, but supposedly they are working on a version of the server to run under Windows). So, my recommendation for a video/audio streaming app on the iPad would be:

StreamToMe ($2.99, supports both iPhone and iPad, but presently the server component is Mac only)

highdefjunkie
May 3, 2010, 09:30 AM
My favorite/most addicting apps and games:

Games:
FlickFishing HD
Angry Birds HD
Implode!
Pinball HD
ParaPanicHD
iQuarium HD

Apps:
Netflix
iBeams HD
Star Walk
WhiteNoise HD
Atomic Web
Magic Window
TWC MAX+
Etrade
iBooks

Liquorpuki
May 3, 2010, 03:20 PM
Goodreader - Transferred all my PDF's and Word Docs to my iPad. Looks good to me

Omnigraffle - $50 but great vector drawing app / Visio substitute. Started using it to make flowcharts for a presentation I have tomorrow

Kayak Flights - Going to a wedding in San Jose 2 weeks from now. Used this app to help me book a flight. Free

Pocket Legends - great game if you have time to kill. Looks way better here than on the iPhone.

NBA Gametime Courtside - Go Lakers!

Thetwins
May 4, 2010, 12:21 AM
Speedtest, to try to figure out the YouTube issue.
Dictionary, cute word of the day function, and pronunciates the words.
The impossible game - very cute logic puzzle game...my 5th grader loves it.
Offline pages (I don't have a 3G)

Ipadfiend
May 10, 2010, 09:28 PM
Here's what I'm at atm:

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/5071/60592792.png

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/255/49770657.png

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8429/76032575.png

You do know you can put 6 items In the doc right?

PhillStew
May 12, 2010, 08:13 AM
After reading through this thread I figured I would add my two cents...

- WeatherBug Elite
- TweetDeck
- Twitteriffic
- GoodReader: By far the best $0.99 I've spent on the app store.
- NewsRack: $4.99, but if you're like me and like to read sites like MR, TUWA, Engadget, news sites, AppShopper this app is an invaluable tool to get all of your RSS feeds in sync between all of your "i" devices.
- SkyGrid: This is kind of like an RSS reader with the exception that you don't add your own feed, but rather select from a list of categories.
- StumbleUpon: I got it for free before the iPad release, but I would totally recommend you pay $0.99 for it.
- SimpleNote: A plain text note reader/editor that allows syncing with the free SimpleNote service and Mac desktop apps such as Notational Velocity, Nottingham, and JustNotes. All of this is free, and its great to have things like lists of apps to check out and grocery lists...this is a great solution for folks who are tired of waiting for the OS 4.0 MobileMe notes syncing feature.
- PhotoPad by Zagg: free image editing for those of us who aren't professional photographers.
- Toy Story eBook: I may be an adult, but this this so cool, and I think it's free.
- We Rule
- GodFinger
- Words w/ Friends HD
- Tetris
- Soundrop Free

Kapetan
May 12, 2010, 08:48 AM
Here is my list of app that I use:

iBooks
iTeleport
Expenses
Weather HD
Layers Pro and Sketchbook Pro for design
Photogen for quick foto editing
Keynote, Pages, Numbers for my office use and PDF Reader.

Games:
Cogs
Fieldrunners
Angry Birds
Ice age
New York
Shrek Kart
Worms HD

Can anyone suggest good video sharing/streaming app so I can us it to stream from Mac to iPad some movies?

stil
May 13, 2010, 08:30 AM
These are all excellent

Instapaper Pro
Simplenote
AirVideo
ComicZeal
LogMeIn
iBooks
GoodReader

Taska (I like Things more but there's no sync between iPhone and iPad. I have no need for an expensive desktop task app.

I don't really like the weather or Twitter apps that are out yet.

gwynne
May 13, 2010, 10:21 AM
Taska (I like Things more but there's no sync between iPhone and iPad. I have no need for an expensive desktop task app.

I liked the look of the Taska app, but I ended up going with Toodledo and I can't remember why I rejected Taska. How are they synced, and do you have to pay for the iphone app separately?

sassenach74
May 13, 2010, 02:50 PM
SNIP

Can anyone suggest good video sharing/streaming app so I can us it to stream from Mac to iPad some movies?

Air Video, been mentioned a lot in this thread.

xraydoc
May 13, 2010, 07:23 PM
My contribution:
GoodReader
Pages
Keynote
Atomic Browser
Early Edition
TWC+
IMDb
Prowl (an iPhone app, but never really needs to be opened to work; a Growl push notification app)

arctic
May 14, 2010, 01:45 AM
Not mentioning games, here are my favorite apps in no particular order

GoodReader
Evernote
Early Edition
Tweetings
Comic Zeal 4
Corkulous
Instapaper
Articles
Zinio
PaperDesk
Dictionary.com
MaxJournal
PhotoGene
Dropbox
Bento
AirVideo
IM+
Mariner Calc
WeatherBug Elite for iPad
ArtStudio
SoundHound
Dragon Dictation
iBooks
Things

richimages
May 15, 2010, 08:38 AM
If you facebook at all ... Although this client wasn't written by facebook, it's better in my opinion: check out sobees for facebok. Its free as well.

flipangle
May 15, 2010, 09:44 AM
Not in any particular order:

Air Video
Good Reader
Plants Vs Zombies
Geometry Wars HD
What's On TV by Zapp
Comic Reader Mobi
SoundHound
iCab
Now Playing
Angry Birds HD
RemoteTap (zoomed 2x)

JayMysterio
May 15, 2010, 11:55 AM
Pages
Atomic Web
Sketchbook Pro
GoodReader
ComicZeal4
iVerse
Dropbox
Yahoo Entertainment
Weather HD
Monster Mayhem
Plants Vs Zombies HD
Homerun Battle
Tunemark
ABC Player
NPR
Thomson Reuters News Pro
Crunchyroll
PCalcLite
Digital Artist
iCreate
Notably

glitch44
Jun 2, 2010, 05:20 PM
(doing a bump to see if people have found new apps in the last couple weeks)

Mitchrapp
Jun 2, 2010, 07:16 PM
A1 Perfect Web Browser. Just came out for the iPad. I love.

If you like point and click adventure games, Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars. Great game with great length. Definitely good value.

timor
Jun 3, 2010, 08:57 AM
InstaPaper
Sketchbook
GrooveMaker
ABC
Air Video
iBooks
Motion GPS

There is a grest list with some useful apps for iPad: best ipad apps (http://ipadappsplus.com/ipad-apps/best-ipad-apps-top-50/) (top50+)

uaecasher
Jun 3, 2010, 12:35 PM
iBook
Pages
Keynote
Pixels (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pixels/id345885918?mt=8)

Surely
Jun 3, 2010, 12:46 PM
^^^ Cheap plug.:p:D

MaxPower49
Aug 10, 2010, 01:33 PM
^^ Another cheap plug?

Maybe that is a legit service (I doubt it) but no way in hell I'm paying $50 when they can't even give you a list of content you get access too.

EDIT:
guess it was a cheap plug... deleted by mods.