Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

t300

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 10, 2004
I just made this..Perhaps some will like it! Perhaps not...Take a look!

macappletiger.jpg

http://webpages.charter.net/rusty01/macappletiger.jpg

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
jet3004 said:
Any ideas?

I agree, the background brushed metal shouldn't be too "brushed". Take a look at Safari or iTunes to get a better idea how Apple has it.

How did you get the fur effect in Photoshop?

AmigoMac

macrumors 68020
Aug 5, 2003
l'Allemagne
Personally it doesn't look that nice, but it's me, you may like it ;)
it looks like done by my son in kindergarden :p (Cut & Paste) ...

Belly-laughs

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2003
you wish
I´ve seen it all through the yellow windows of the evening train

...when I first saw this it reminded me of a sticker on a train window - going through a tunnel.

I think the logo is wicked, just not sure about the brushed metal look background. I suppose that´s noise with motion blur? It should have much finer grain.

I would suggest ditching the brushed metal background all together, instead focus on something that could complement the fur logo style-wise.

Good job!

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
he he. koosh ball. :) haven' seen one of those in ages.

nice wall as well. i would have to agree toning down the background as well, perhaps a lighter tone of grey? and a bit more blurred?

and how did you make that furry apple? entirely in PhotoShop? some neat-o plug-ins?

kgarner

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2004
Utah
I think it would look really cool in like a jungle setting. Kind of a Tiger OS in its native environment sort of thing.

t300

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 10, 2004
Hmm..Perhaps so! I shall see. Thanks everyone!

I can't WAIT for Tiger!

Kingsnapped

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Getting close to total awesomeness. Maybe you could put it on the ground in the jungle, with a little stream of water in front of it reflecting. That would prove some mad PS talent...

kgarner

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2004
Utah
Kingsnapped said:
Getting close to total awesomeness. Maybe you could put it on the ground in the jungle, with a little stream of water in front of it reflecting. That would prove some mad PS talent...
As the one to first suggest the jungle theme, I have to totally agree with this. That would be very, very cool.

Peter9

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2004
Kingsnapped said:

along with this, also maybe have a branch or something vut in front of it to give it a feeling it's part of the environment

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.