Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Monster Hunter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2010
USA
I just got this iPod Touch from the Apple Store because my old one broke. They gave it to me for free as a replacement and I took it home jailbroke it and it worked fine. I put it in a bag and someone threw trash in it with my iPod and it got a little wet. I wiped it off and it worked for like 2 seconds then it shut down. I turned it on and the screen was fine, it showed the apple logo and then the lock screen showed up. After I unlocked it the screen went white. I've restored it and it's not hacked right now, but the screen is still white! I'm not sure if it's water damaged though. I can't tell if the touch screen or the sound works because I can't see what I'm doing on it. I've tried playing music or unlocking it but I don't hear anything so I'm guessing the touch screen is unresponsive. The screen is just white. It's really making me mad because I just got this dang thing and I don't want to have to make an apointment and drive all the way over there to get it replaced again. If I can't fix this I'll just have to get it replaced.

luisa123

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2010
White screen

This is so normal what you have to do is hold the circle button at the bottom of the ipod and the switch at the very top .hold it for 10 seconds and it should work:)
:apple:

Monster Hunter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2010
USA
I've tried that, nothing happend. It turned off, then it wen't back to the white screen. I've had an iTouch for about 2 years jailbroken that whole time, but its never done this before...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.