PDA

View Full Version : Have You Already Bought Too Many Apps?

captmatt
Apr 4, 2010, 09:43 PM
I've got to quit browsing the app store! I've spent waaaay too much money on apps. And I know that the ones currently available will be nothing compared to what will be out in a month or two. The iPad just really brings out the potential of the platform!

jkimbro0316
Apr 4, 2010, 09:49 PM
Yeah I have spent a lot on apps as well, feels like the original App Store launch for the iPhone all over again. What kind of apps did you get?

flyguy206
Apr 4, 2010, 09:53 PM
This is why i went out and got gift itunes cards.

gillybean
Apr 4, 2010, 09:54 PM
I don't have that many apps yet, just 4 apps short of having my second screen done. I also have 2 placeholder apps - a Facebook bookmark and an ESPN bookmark.

CJS7070
Apr 4, 2010, 09:54 PM
I knew it would be bad to link my credit card to iTunes... It's starting to prove me right

magpie maniac
Apr 4, 2010, 09:57 PM
I've kept it reasonable. I've purchase about $94 worth of apps and books for the iPad since yesterday. I'm going to stop browsing for a bit until more cool things hit the app store.

dusters711
Apr 4, 2010, 09:57 PM
I haven't spent a single cent on any iPad apps yet! Believe me though, I understand how you feel as I am constantly cruising the app store!! I just feel that some of them are way overpriced at this point... I understand that the developers put time and money into the apps but hopefully some will come down in price a little.

alexmarchuk
Apr 4, 2010, 09:58 PM
Oh boy do I know what you mean, here's what I've bought:

1Password
Mondo Solitaire
NetNewsWire
Scrabble
Field Runners
UNO
Plants vs. zombies
Articles
Bento
Things
Pages
Keynote
Deliveries

God help me :/

Alchematron
Apr 4, 2010, 09:59 PM
Only downloaded free ones so far

Waiting for paid versions to adjust to reality in a month or so

I also check appshopper.com for free specials

wingnut8
Apr 4, 2010, 09:59 PM
I'm trying to hold out on some games because I'm sure the price will drop on them within a month.

captmatt
Apr 4, 2010, 10:01 PM
Yeah, I have a feeling I'll realize I paid too much! I've bought a variety of apps as well as downloaded the top 25 free apps (easy to delete!) Tried a magazine, RealRacing, StarWalk, iStarwalk, GoodReader, Pad Mouse, Pages, Keynote, a few kids books, The Elements, and more! But I've put myself on a 2 week moratorium....must stop buying apps!

epi117
Apr 4, 2010, 10:10 PM
I went to costco and bought $120.00 in cards for $90 something after discount last week. after buying the trio for powerpoints, numbers and word, i have so far resisited cept for goodreader. trying to catch stuff on sale.

Rooskibar03
Apr 4, 2010, 10:14 PM
Apps are way overpriced right now. Why do I have to spent 5 bucks for a 99 cent app on iPhone or iPod?

Just like when the app store went live everything was overpriced, I'm waiting.

xraydoc
Apr 4, 2010, 10:22 PM
iPad apps I've downloaded so far.

Keynote
Pages
Numbers
ReaddleDocs
GoodReader
iTeleport
Memeo Connect Reader (free)
ABC watcher (free)
eBay for iPad (free)
iBooks (free)
IMDb for iPad (free)
WSJ (free)

GoodReader is quickly becoming my favorite app so far. Nice file viewer (PDF, .doc, .ppt, etc.), downloads AND uploads to iDisk, Google Docs, various other cloud services, IMAP/POP email servers, can edit text files and more.

sparkomatic
Apr 4, 2010, 10:26 PM
Starting on Page 2 now and that's just with apps made for the iPad. I have a feeling it's just gonna get worse...haha