Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michealjohn

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 8, 2010
Hi,

Any suggestion for good apps for tracking the expenses on momthly basis.
Need to manage different types of accounts like Savings/Current and Credit cards and with multiple currencies.
Need to have an option for export/import the csv/excel to email/wi-fi and backup option.
Need to track the new transactions with category/tag for easy grouping.
Using Windows Vista Laptop..so sync with windows is necessary..since some of the applications has only some client to be installed in mac like 1Password..

I have searched the apps and downloaded many apps. but it's lacking with any one of my above needs.

Suggestions on the below one:
1. CashTrail

Any good apps for this..? May be many iPhone users will use apps for this will help me in deciding..Thanks in advance.

RiceRacerDX

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2009
Look into Personal Assistant. It allows you to track your accounts in real-time just like your bank's website does. That's what I have and I love it.

michealjohn

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 8, 2010
iXpenseit might be worth looking into.

It's looking good. But it's lacking in viewing the available/current balance via account wise.
example: having two savings account with different currencies
having many credit cards with different currencies

1. At any time, by seeing the accounts need to know how much it has been spend by account wise and credit card accounts will have negative balance, so that I can able to track it/pay it easily. iXpenseit is lacking in this feature.
Any other suggestion..?I am also trying with some of the lite versions of various finance software. CashTrails seems to be covering the above features, but don't budgeting feature.

And a general question on these finance apps. Over a perios we will be having thousands of transactions and whether these apps will be slow in loading it. Anybody is using any such apps for more than a year and find it diffcult in loading...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.